Midwest Spring/Fall Flood Run - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-20-2014, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
Living The Dream

Garage
Midwest Spring/Fall Flood Run

Just wanted to pass this WI/MN run along to the forum, it's always a good time. Here's the site, there are 2 runs a year, Spring and Fall. Spring run is coming up next month on Apr19th. I've been waiting for this all winter.

http://www.floodrun.net/

Each run stop is like a mini-Sturgis, last fall was my 1st time and it will now be an annual event.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Loving My Mid-Life Crisis!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
1991 Harley Electra Glide Classic FLHTC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 09:02 PM

I've thought about this for several years. How big is your group? I can't get anyone to ride with me...well...because of some of the larger groups that partake in the event. Not sure how to word that without offending anyone. I want in!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 07:01 AM Thread Starter
Living The Dream

Garage
Well last year the fall run was my 1st time on the ride. We had a group of about 6 bikes that took off from Winona with a larger group. During the day the group got smaller and smaller, some didn't go the whole way with us. In the end it wound up being just my buddy and I with the girls. There is a lot of traffic to deal with at the stops, but on the road it's not bad at all. No hassles throughout the day. we also did the whole thing in one day, which made for a super long day. Up at daybreak, hit all the stops we could on the way up to St. Croix bar and grill, made it to Hudson then back tracked. Then pretty much a straight shot home grabbing dinner along the way. Didn't get back until midnight, looong day!

This year it really depends on the damn weather, tentatively we have 5-6 bikes again. I would be surprised if everyone goes, but we shall see. Doing it differently this year. We are all heading up on Good Friday to Hudson and spending the night. Kick stands up in the morning after the pack leaves of course, I don't care for being in the middle of it would rather bring up the rear. Then hit the main stops along the route home on the WI side. I'm hoping for "AT LEAST" 40's in the mornings. Our rooms reserved can be canceled up to 2 days before Friday the 18th, so if the weather don't play along we will wait until Fall. But I am excited none the less, we'll see!

Last edited by DeputyLoud; 03-25-2014 at 07:05 AM.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Living The Dream

Garage
On a lighter note, I am DeputyLoud and you are the Townkopper. I am not in law enforcement, how about you? LOL

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 01:02 PM

Just a handle givin to me some years ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode