Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums - View Single Post - A bigger passenger seat for 500?
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-11-2017, 06:41 AM
bikerbill
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 1997 Vulcan LTD
Displacement/CC's: 500
Color: Black
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastork3v View Post
I have looked at the universal widening cushion by saddlemen and I have also looked at the Butty Buddy.... What worked better for you?
So far the ButtyBuddy with custom bracket and topped with an AirHawk air cushion is the most comfortable for him. However since Daniel and I started riding he has grown. A LOT! The Saddlemen did great when he was 10 years old and 140lbs but as he has grown so have the seating requirements. Currently he is around 205lbs. and 5'10". We're almost the same size so we're talking about two grown men riding 2-up on a Vulcan 500LTD. The bike's handling is, shall we say, interesting.

The main reason we have gone with the ButtyBuddy is that the Saddlemen cushions were pressing too hard onto the tops of the saddlebags. That pressure was damaging the saddlebags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastork3v View Post
What windshield are you using in that picture? Been looking for one that size...
Sorry to bombard you with questions bikerbill
No problems with the questions. The windshield is an Enterprise II from Slipstreamer. S-00: Enterprise - Slipstreamer Inc. They're available for less than $200 from online retailers. It WILL cut into your fuel economy though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Daniel at start of first Saddlesore 1000.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	197026   Click image for larger version

Name:	Daniel and Sioux.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	197034  

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome