First Mountain Trip on the Beast - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-07-2013, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

Garage
First Mountain Trip on the Beast

Finally got around to taking the wife up to Walhalla and the Lake Jocassee overlook Saturday. Was a nice ride with the exception of the Lexus SUV on my tail all the way up to the overlook. Must say I did pretty well considering I had to constantly watch him, and the road that I hadn't been on in 8yrs. In the end, a great time was had by both the wife and myself, and we found an antique shop that had several very old rare straight razors which I promptly bought up! lol!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0091.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	48370  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-07-2013, 06:25 PM
Top Contributor

Garage
Good looking green machine, nice back drop too.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-07-2013, 08:16 PM
zig
Lifetime Premium

Garage
I think it's worse when the annoying cage is right in front of you...crawling along slowly.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-08-2013, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Garage
not me, because I can stop in half the distance they can. If a deer had run out in front of me, I would have been rear ended by a 6000lb machine. If I'm in the mountains, I don't mind a bit of a crawl, Especially on the Vulcan.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-08-2013, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS Tinker View Post
Good looking green machine, nice back drop too.
Thanks! I actually painted the bike myself during the late winter early spring this year. The color is Ford Mustang electric green metallic. The flame pinstripes are actually decals. I sprayed the black and green, then cleared 2 decent coats. Allowed that to cure for 2 weeks to allow outgassing of the clear. Then applied the flame stripes and cleared over them with 4 more good coats. Waited a month and sanded and polished everything. I shaved the rear tail light. Which looks great, but I soon realized that my choice to use the small LED signals didn't allow me much visibility to cars aproaching from the rear. So, I bought an LED tail/brake light and mounted it to the sissy bar. Which puts it in a better location for cars to see anyway. All in all, I think she came out pretty good considering I have zero training in paint and body work. I used a few great sources on youtube to show me how to do everything.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013, 10:58 PM
Top Contributor

Have you visited the Stumphouse Tunnel in Walhalla? When we had our Cavalcade we left Florence after work Friday and made it to Spartanburg for the night. Spent Saturday riding the SC mountains and into NC for the night. Took our time via a different route coming home. Three day weekends were the greatest but far and few between.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode