East TN riders?! - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

East TN riders?!

Is noone in this forum from East Tennessee? (Knoxville, Maryville, Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, Johnson City?) I currently live in Sevierville, about 30 minutes away from KNoxville, 20 minutes away from the Great Smokey Mountain National Park, and about 45 minutes away from Cherokee (Cherokee Survivors bike rally). I really suspected there would be a few more riders up my way.

New Vulcan 03 1500 Classic: Cobra pipes, Mustang seat with aftermarket backrest, engine guard, lightbar. Soon to come --> Caddmann intake from previous vulcan
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old Vulcan 97 1500 Classic: Drag pipes debaffled, Corbin solo seat with backrest, Lindby multibar, shark speakers. Soon to come: Caddmann intake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 03:12 PM

East TN Rider...well

I live 1/2 time in the Knoxville area (near Johnson Bible College)...

I live the other 1/2 time in Nashville

Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic resides in Nashville

06 Vulcan 900 Classic
Kawi Sissy Bar & Luggage Rack
Kawi Windshield
Cobra Long pipes
Kury Iso Grips w/throttle boss
Saddlebags with E-Z Bracket mounts
MC Enterprises Hiway Bars
Customized seat by MeanCityCycles
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

Hey thats awesome, my girl lives about 10 minutes away from JBC, do you go there?

New Vulcan 03 1500 Classic: Cobra pipes, Mustang seat with aftermarket backrest, engine guard, lightbar. Soon to come --> Caddmann intake from previous vulcan
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old Vulcan 97 1500 Classic: Drag pipes debaffled, Corbin solo seat with backrest, Lindby multibar, shark speakers. Soon to come: Caddmann intake.

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 03:40 PM

No, I graduated from JBC a LONG time ago. I have lived all over the Eastern half of the US. Moved back to TN about 14 years ago.

I wish I has a motorcycle in each place, but that would be asking a bit much I guess. Getting to fight Nashville traffic and riding in Mid TN is about it

06 Vulcan 900 Classic
Kawi Sissy Bar & Luggage Rack
Kawi Windshield
Cobra Long pipes
Kury Iso Grips w/throttle boss
Saddlebags with E-Z Bracket mounts
MC Enterprises Hiway Bars
Customized seat by MeanCityCycles
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 05:57 AM

Here in Maryville,Tn

I'm here too, have lived in Maryville 8 years now. We are lucky folks to live in East Tn, Lots of great riding, great scenery. I have a Vulcan 500, am having tires put on this am. I do alot of riding in this area, and over to NC. So if you'd like to get together and take a ride, just shoot me a note. I am new here, and am glad to be able to become a part of this!! Steve
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenmrvl View Post
I'm here too, have lived in Maryville 8 years now. We are lucky folks to live in East Tn, Lots of great riding, great scenery. I have a Vulcan 500, am having tires put on this am. I do alot of riding in this area, and over to NC. So if you'd like to get together and take a ride, just shoot me a note. I am new here, and am glad to be able to become a part of this!! Steve
Hey Steve we will! I gotta get some stuff done to my classic I just bought then we (Dad and me) ride quite a bit on weekends. Just over the mountain to Cherokee, the skyway, up to Johnson city. When we get one planned we will shoot ya an email and see if you can go. The more the merrier!

post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 12:17 PM

Sounds good to me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosgarage57 View Post
Hey Steve we will! I gotta get some stuff done to my classic I just bought then we (Dad and me) ride quite a bit on weekends. Just over the mountain to Cherokee, the skyway, up to Johnson city. When we get one planned we will shoot ya an email and see if you can go. The more the merrier!
Spent 31/2 hrs today at the bike shop, and only had 1 of my ordered tires, hopefully soon for the other, this is my 1st experience with Alcoa Shop, people where very nice, just very slow, just drop me a note, when your about ready for a ride!! Steve
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenmrvl View Post
Welcome Steve, looks like you already settled in and making riding plans
We'll be passing through Maryville on Monday July12 going to Stecoah NC. Not sure yet if we are going to stroll down 411 to Sweetwater and across the Cherohala Skyway to Robbinsville or down 321 through the middle of some of the worst traffic/drivers in the eastern seaboard. Since we'll be coming through Monday the traffic may be light and G'burg/Cherokee may be the best. Mileage I'll bet there isn't 6 miles difference.

'98 800a w/aluminum wheels/tubeless tires
Iron Butt Ass.#34911

post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

Alcoa good times? Ive never had anything done through them, but when we go in they are always nice. I just got tires put on my bike I sold cost $350 for everything and the rear tire was free! Quiet expensive. If you can get the tires off your bike yourself I usually order from "In The Wind" they are in knoxville, and the Cycle Gear in Knoxville Mounts and balances

post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Myers View Post
Welcome Steve, looks like you already settled in and making riding plans
We'll be passing through Maryville on Monday July12 going to Stecoah NC. Not sure yet if we are going to stroll down 411 to Sweetwater and across the Cherohala Skyway to Robbinsville or down 321 through the middle of some of the worst traffic/drivers in the eastern seaboard. Since we'll be coming through Monday the traffic may be light and G'burg/Cherokee may be the best. Mileage I'll bet there isn't 6 miles difference.
haha this time of year G'Burg is horrible all the time i would definately go the Cherohala skyway over the Dragon any day. This time of year its been really hot, it'll be in the 50's on the skyway so bring jackets. Have a safe trip.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode