Raliegh and Outer Banks - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Need place to park Truck Raliegh and Outer Banks

We are going to ride the Outer Banks April 16th through the 19th. Do to limited time we'll have to trailer the bikes to Raliegh then ride to Morehead City to pick up the rest of the group from the south. Take the Ferry ride and spend the weekend on the Outer Banks, returning home from the north end.
Can anyone in the Raliegh area help us out with a place to park the truck and trailer for the weekend......

A church or Wal-mart or something of that nature.

We would drop it off Friday April 16th and return Monday morning the 19th to pick it up.

It's an Excursion and small open 2 bike trailer.

Let me know.

2008 V2K Classic LT.
Ride Long and Prosper
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Dadinator; 03-14-2010 at 09:19 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 07:43 PM

I'm not really what you are looking for, especially going Morehead north to the OBX. I am about 60% of the way for a north entry to the OBX and you are welcome to park here if you choose. I am located near Bedford, VA in a semi-rural subdivision. No parking lot, but on a quiet dead-end street near the middle of nowhere in Bedford County. Takes me about 7 hours to get to Nags Head / Oregon Inlet, but that is slow-towing a boat.

Woody

Woody
KZ4AK, VN2K Classic
Web Site:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 03:30 PM

I'm not from the area, but I know the wal-mart near Raleigh/chapel hill is in a busy shopping center, so it might not be a good place.

For what it's worth, there's a few motorcycle dealers in Elizabeth City, NC. You might try contacting them and asking if you could leave the truck there, but that's more trucking and less cruising than your original post indicated. Given the few suggestions you've gotten, it's worth a shot. I'm from southeastern virginia, and there's a walmart a few miles north of the NC/VA state line that has a big enough parking lot, but again it might be too close to the outerbanks for you. If you want more info on it, let me know.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadinator View Post
We are going to ride the Outer Banks April 16th through the 19th. Do to limited time we'll have to trailer the bikes to Raliegh then ride to Morehead City to pick up the rest of the group from the south. Take the Ferry ride and spend the weekend on the Outer Banks, returning home from the north end.
Can anyone in the Raliegh area help us out with a place to park the truck and trailer for the weekend......

A church or Wal-mart or something of that nature.

We would drop it off Friday April 16th and return Monday morning the 19th to pick it up.

It's an Excursion and small open 2 bike trailer.

Let me know.
If u ever do that ride again i live in new bern (close to morehead city) And u would be welcome to leave it at our home
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode