Keep carrots in your saddlebag ! - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-22-2014, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Keep carrots in your saddlebag !

Took advantage of the warmer (not warm) weather to ride today. If you're ever on 1-26 near Erwin,TN, here's a sign to look for. There are usually my three buddies hanging out under the french fries sign, hoping for a handout.

When heading in that direction, the saddlebag has at least one bag of fresh carrots from the IGA store a mile away. HINT: keep a close eye on your FINGERS when feeding THIS crowd.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(91).jpg
Views:	182
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	58081  

Last edited by mark edward marchiafava; 02-22-2014 at 05:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-22-2014, 08:52 PM
Lifetime Premium

Nice and thoughtful of you!!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-22-2014, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

It's not the destination, it's the ride. Oh, how true. We find all kinds of neat stuff on our rides. Ever seen an Edsel station wagon? How about TWO Edsel station wagons in the same yard. We ride such remote backroads, we got a glimpse of a Hudson Hornet, complete with the original owner and his wife.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-22-2014, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark edward marchiafava View Post
It's not the destination, it's the ride. Oh, how true. We find all kinds of neat stuff on our rides. Ever seen an Edsel station wagon? How about TWO Edsel station wagons in the same yard. We ride such remote backroads, we got a glimpse of a Hudson Hornet, complete with the original owner and his wife.

I so agree. I love to navigate avoiding interstates as much as possible. I think Vulcans are the perfect Farm/County Road vehicles.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-22-2014, 10:44 PM
BOTM Winner, April 2014

Nice, very thoughtful of you!! Can tell your an animal lover...

'03 MEANSTREAK
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-23-2014, 06:31 AM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

While this spot in the pic is next to an interstate, we don't ride it hardly ever. When I say "backroads," I mean the kind of road where you can cruise at 35-45mph and never see a car for up to 30 minutes. Since the snow melted, we saw some beautiful whitewater in the stone-lined creeks as we rode.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-23-2014, 06:39 AM
zig
Lifetime Premium

Garage
"There are usually my three buddies hanging out under the french fries sign, hoping for a handout."

That's why I call mine "welfare horses". They stand there waiting for someone to feed them when they have a whole pasture of grass or a round bale of hay available.
Maybe theg aren't hungry, just people watching. Looking to see the most odd thing of the day or the license plate from the fartherest state.
Maybe they wish their elbows would allow them to sort of fist pump when a big rig goes by to see if they can get the trucker to blow that funny sounding horn? I don't know. I do know I've ridden up on mine and beeped my little horn and I swear I'd see them smile. But that's probably because they've waited me out and know they're fixing to get fed again.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-23-2014, 06:47 AM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

LOL, yea, honk that wimpy Vulcan 900 horn yesterday, they came running across the field. Since they lick my clothes, either they like me or looking for something else to eat, not sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode