Virginia info - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-20-2014, 01:00 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Year/Make/Model: Vulcan 900 Custom
Virginia info

Hey y'all.

Once I get back Stateside, I'm going to be stationed in Yorktown for some training from the latter half of May through the middle of December. I'm hoping to be able to bring my motorcycle with me.

That being said, can I get some insight on the day-rides around there? I don't think my schedule is going to allow me anything more than maybe one over-nighter.

Also, I don't really know how strict my training center is on number of vehicles parked on base. I'll have my Explorer, (and hopefully my bike). So, if they are not hot on the idea of me keeping the bike there as well, does anyone know of any storage facilities that I could rent a covered spot at?

Really, it's looking like having my bike there will be a GIANT hassle since I don't have any real permanent locations to keep it yet. It may come to be that renting a bike once or twice while I'm in the area might be the wisest option.

But if VA is SUPER biker friendly, and there are lots of resources near the Yorktown area, who knows, right?

Being for the left coast, I don't really know where the "regional lines" are drawn on the Atlantic side. So, if VA is more of a "North Eastern" region, just let me know. Sorry about that.

Thanks for all/any help y'all have!

2007 Vulcan 900 Custom
-Bubs Jug Huggers exhaust
-Power Commander III
-Baron BAK
-Kuryakyn grips and pegs
-Fire and Steel Light Bar
-Low and Mean fender and radiator shroud
-Custom Speedometer
-Memphis Shades Batwing (9"visor w/s, lowers)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-20-2014, 06:34 AM
El Jefe

Garage
Virginia Rides

You have landed in a great place to go riding. Where you will be located, its easy to do overnighters to the Outer Banks of NC, The Blueridge mountains of Cental Virginia, more civil war sites than you will probably care to see, and within striking distance of DC, and Baltimore for a 3 day trip. I'm sure you will find off base storage if you cant keep the ride on base.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-20-2014, 09:31 AM
Top Contributor

Garage
You are in a GREAT riding area - Skyline Drive, the Blue Ridge Parkway, The Dragon, The Tail of the Dragon are all within a one or two night ride for ya (Leave Yorktown on Friday return Sunday). Virginia's Northern Neck and the outer banks are great place to have a look around too. My nephew who rides too is a Navy Helo Pilot stationed down that way - and I have some other buddies who ride in that area as well - Nephew is currently out of country for a little bit but will return soon - If you have questions about specific areas let me know and I'll help get you answers . . .

2011 Voyager ABS

Thunder Air Kit
Cobra Tri Ovals/PowerPro
Wrapped Headers
CB/Rear Speakers
SageBrush Designs Tank Bib
Kury TourTech Mounts
Chrome Psgr board bottoms
14" Rifle Windshield
WOLO horn
Russell Day Long seat w/backrest
Kury T/S mirrors
Avon grips w/Throttle Magic by RacnRay
Kury Phase 6 LED Headlight & spotlights

Ride Bells by Sabrehood brothers MinatourAce and Outlaw

Blue Knights VA II
Ride With Pride

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 02:05 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2002
Displacement/CC's: 1500
Color: Plum
Yorktown-sounds like CG, nice little ride turn right on 17 and keep going on 17 north, if you like the winery thing there a bunch around Warrenton Fauquier county. The NN area up to Deltaville is nice as well, not a lot of places to stay the night though. But real pretty. Two restaurants for you, one is close to 64 on 17, coming from CG base it is on the right about a mile before 64, County Grill, awesome BBQ. Don't store your stuff in or around Hampton, trust me!!!!!!!!!!!! For fishing, fish off the CG pier, has it all, croaker, spot, flounder, sea bass and reds. We had a big trout kill so please release any of those gently. Back on topic, take a gps with you and get lost in the NN, you never know what you will find, Urbana has a good pizza joint can't remember the name but the place is not big at all. At the Hummel field airport they have a little restaurant that has seafood buffet on the weekend, pricey and small selection but good. PS; don't stay over at the motel, but good place to eat.

LOL-just read you are a coastie LOL I guessed right
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 02:06 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2002
Displacement/CC's: 1500
Color: Plum
If you ever want to go out on the Bay, hit me up, I keep my boat in Mathews .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode