more tar if you please. - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

more tar if you please.

Hello from northern Vt.home of those stinky fields, and I'm still riding that sweet little orange 900 custom,and there isn't enough tar in vermont,so I'm going to take it west to Las Vegas at the end of August,I still need to get a few more things. I sure hope I still like camping because it sounds like the cheapest way to go.Just put new metzler tires on ,the bike is ready and just waiting for me to get my act together.Still need the tent and put on the saddle bags and pack,and I'm taking the pretty and laid back,and no fast turn pikes way to get there .All done my job untill January I'm just hoping that I don't get to hungry between now and then.If any of ya have done this sort of thing pointers will be more than welcome,and keep the tar under your wheels.Have a good one!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-11-2013, 12:00 AM
HwyRider

You'll have to plan your gas stops carefully. Some towns close up at 5 PM. You will be adding 15 hours of driving time to your trip taking the back roads and staying off of the highways and turnpikes. It's going to take you about 55 hours driving time to get there. That's about 10 days worth of riding unless you really push it and have a real comfortable seat.

Just remember to get off you bike for a few minutes if you feel tired or fatigued.

I've driven from MA to AZ quite a few times but always used the highway so I can't help with the backroad routes. I always wanted to make sure there was a gas station available and they are on the highways.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode