Ride Routes Near Norwood, MA - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

Ride Routes Near Norwood, MA

Hey, from Nova Scotia, Canada and coming down to Mass for some riding for a week... Will be near Norwood and just wondering about some nice ride routes on secondary highways, not a big fan of the Interstate for a relaxing cruise....any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...got a GPS so road names or start and end points would be great. Also wondering if there are any spots where the bikers congregate for a coffee on certain nights, again an address is all that I'd need.... Again any help on this would be greatly appreciated...

Paul

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Blunoz Cruiser
06 VN900 LT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 09:44 AM

Made the run up your way in 08. Love it !

On your way down, get off Rt 95 into Portland, then try and stay on RT 9. Take a stop in Old Orchard Beach. Go out of OOB on Rt 9, until you get back on RT1 and stop at Bentley's. After Bentley's gps yourself back to Rt 9.

9 will dump you back onto Rt 1, in Ogunquit, take Shore Road to York Beach.
Go out to the lighthouse there, then down the road along the Sands beach. After you pass the road to the Stage Neck inn, take a left onto Rt 103 and stay on that until you run out of road in Kittery.

Cross over the Bridge into Portsmouth, and see Portsmouth.

Leaving Portsmouth, take a left onto Pleasant St, and onto Portsmouth Ave, you are trying to Follow Rt 1B here.. When in dumps onto Rt 1A, follow that south.

Greatest part of the ride here, go right into Hampton Beach. If you are looking for a place to stay here, Seaview is a great place. Gary is the best !!!

From there, you can go down Rt 1 right into Danvers. But, it gets pretty busy from there on.

I gotta go now, but if are really looking for rides just around Norwood, repost with the starting point. I'll give you more !!

06 Kawi Vulcan Nomad - Cobra Lite Bar, Phat II Risers, Vista Cruise, Krusier Kady, Kuryakyn Longhorn Dually Pegs, Mustang w/ Backrest, Vance & Hines Dual Baggers, PC III, Cobra Luggage Rack, Electrical Connection LED R,B, T Conversion, Jay Stephens LED Tail Light, Classic Chaps, Avon Cobra's.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

More Routes please

Hey Puckoach, thanks for the reply...Yeah there's a lot of nice routes up here and the Coastal runs are beautiful. I like the route you got mapped out there, might use that one in July when it's warmer and taking my time to get to the "Boston Burbs".... When I come in May I'm going to do the I-95 to get there quick and wanted to do some day runs to take in the local scenery. I will be staying in Norwood but don't mind a short hop on the highway to get to a decent starting point. Saw a post elsewhere about the Mohawk Trail so that'd be a day...have heard that Highway 109 starting in Westwood is a popular route as well for an afternoon or evening cruise. But again don't know the area so can't seperate fact from fiction. Again thanks and any further guidance would be appreciated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Blunoz Cruiser
06 VN900 LT

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 04:42 PM

Norwood in May !

You can always check in with me at [email protected], and see if we have a ride going. We meet at Clyde's on Rt 1 in Walpole at the Rt 27 intersection.

I'm guessing you are staying on Rt 1. Go to the Nahatan St exit, and go north on Nahatan street till it ends. that's route 109. Go left on 109, and follow into Medfield Center. Take a right on Rt 27, and follow till the next stop sign, take a left there onto Rt 16, follow that until:

Rt 109, which you can take back to Rt 27, then take a right onto Rt 27, until you get to Rt 1, (and stop at Clyde's) then North on Rt 1 to Norwood

Or for an additional 30 minutes, take Rt 140 down to Rt 1, then north to Norwood !

There are of course a number of great rides, some you need a leader for, which if time matches up, glad to do it. Or, ones I can guide you thru using numbered routes.

06 Kawi Vulcan Nomad - Cobra Lite Bar, Phat II Risers, Vista Cruise, Krusier Kady, Kuryakyn Longhorn Dually Pegs, Mustang w/ Backrest, Vance & Hines Dual Baggers, PC III, Cobra Luggage Rack, Electrical Connection LED R,B, T Conversion, Jay Stephens LED Tail Light, Classic Chaps, Avon Cobra's.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Man, Took a peek at the route on Google Maps, looks like a good run. If I can stuff the laptopinto the luggage will try and hook up if timelines jive. Appreciate the help.

Paul

Blunoz Cruiser
06 VN900 LT
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blunoz cruiser View Post
Thanks Man, Took a peek at the route on Google Maps, looks like a good run. If I can stuff the laptopinto the luggage will try and hook up if timelines jive. Appreciate the help.

Paul
Your Welcome !

Send me an email now, and I'll shoot back my cell #

[email protected]

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 07:14 AM

Here's another after work ride. Take Rt 1 South, just after you leave Norwood, there's The British Beer Company, stop in and say Hi to Scotty ! Then take a left at the next light. The 2nd light after that puts you on RT 27. In Sharon center, RT 27 takes a left, but go straight. Continue a mile or so, and bear left at the merge angle stop sign. Take a right at the next stop sign(good ice cream stand on this corner). You are now on Bay Road. Follow until you hit RT 106, take a right on 106. Follow until you hit RT 140, Right on 140.

You have a number of options off 140, that all lead back to Norwood. Rt 95, 4 miles later Rt 1, 4 miles later RT 1A

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 07:53 AM

Got a call last night about this. Huge event. Note, every other week. First one on 5/6, I'm at a banquet that night on north shore. People start arriving at this around 3:30pm

Thursdays at Bass Pro Shop in Foxboro at Gillette Stadium on Rt 1 in Foxboro
The 3rd season Begins May 6th.

I-95 exit 7 in MA, take 140 north to Rte 1 north.
(Bass Pro Shop is adjacent to Gillette Stadium)

Cruise Night is organized by the Mass Cruisers Car
Club, with more details soon to follow.

Typical turnout is in excess of 1000 show vehicles. Bikes too !! (free event, with designated bike parking area)

Weekly 50/50

For more info,
contact Steve at 781-769-4390

Confirmed for '10

Note: This is an alternate
week cruise, happening
every other Thurs.

Last edited by puckoach; 04-21-2010 at 07:57 AM.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 08:44 AM

Blunox cruiser: When you get to Calais Maine go straight at the lights and follow the shore route,its a all along the coast in most places and you can take it to Boston. You can pick it up at Brewer also. Again go striaght through Brewer towards Bucksport you won't be sorry if you have the time..I try to get to Boston every year if I can, big Red Soxs fan. Have a safe trip

keep your head up and your stick on the ice
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 04:50 AM Thread Starter

Hey puckoach, wouldn't you know my luck I am there the week in between!! Will keepit in mind though as going to be back again in July. Again thanks for the routes and the numbers. Will give you a ring when I get in teh area.

Cheers

Hi David,thanks for the route along coastal Maine. Will grab that one in July.

Cheers

Blunoz Cruiser
06 VN900 LT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode