Is anyone else tired of snow? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

Cool Is anyone else tired of snow?

I can't wait for the weather to start getting warmer. I have about a foot of snow on the ground and it's snowing again. But it's going to warm up a bit this weekend so I'm told. It just seems like it's been a very long winter. I haven't been able ride since November and I am really looking forward to getting the bike back out. But I have been able to get a few things done to my bike. So far this winter I have added a sissybar, luggage rack, Kurykan ISO chrome flame grips and I just got my Mustang seat on. Although I have not been able to ride, just setting on the Mustang seat feel incredible!!!!! That was the best $362.00 I have spent. It makes the stock seat feel like concrete! I can't wait to take it for a long ride and see just how comfortable it really is. And tomorrow I should be getting my Cobra freeway bar.
I know spring is on it's way, but it can't get here fast enough!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 11:18 AM
Top Contributor

Garage
I agree, I'm ready to break out the scoot soon!! We still got over a foot of snow here but that storm coming up the East coast isn't going to touch us. Going to be in the 40's this weekend. Just warm enough to break her out!!
Ride safe.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 04:42 PM

They are calling for 5cm tonight 10-15cm tomorrow with strong winds. Winter still here I guess I will get a ride in on the week-end on a SKIDOO

keep your head up and your stick on the ice

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 05:09 PM

Garage
Sorry to hear about your weather out east. The wife and I went out for a 4 hr ride last weekend. Even had to wear sunglasses. And no rain gear!!!

Current Bike: 2007 1500 Vulcan Classic, Black
All stock, no decals, KD bags, Highway Hawk engine guard, Kawi windscreen and more to come

Unless you're the lead dog, the view never changes!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 05:18 PM

Oh well I guess I will have to put the plow back on the ATV for tomorrow..For some reason I took it off, I know better,wishful thinking.

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 06:42 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Rog_rides_again
Hi guys..Tell me something..its been staying around 4-5 degrees celsius here in Atlantic Canada...the roads have been dry and I'm very tempted to go pick up my new bike and go for a rip.The roads aren't white with salt stains and you can't see sand and salt on alot of the main roads but how can you tell if the salt has been washed away off the roads so it doesn't get on the bike.I understand that it doesn't take a whole lot to make a mess of the exhaust and underneath.Thanks

Roger
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 Vulcan 900 Classic
Candy Plasma Blue
switch blade windshield W/70-q205 mounting kit
backrest
luggage rack
saddle bags-california classic 100 series 7"x18"x11"
part # 55-bm146a
custom world chrome lowers
stock pipes w/baffle drilled and plug removed
mustang vintage wide touring seat #76127
cobra passenger floor boards
front scootworks pulley
Rear scootworks pulley
windshield bag
12 volt power supply
engine guard
Kensun HID headlight kit

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 07:18 PM

Rog: I can't speak for you but I wouldn't, I will wait until it warms up and the salt is off the road. I store my bike in a heated garage and do not start it during storage. If your storage is not heated and it been running you can expect some consensation . You will have to give it a super cleaning to get all the salt off. I have 2002 1500 and it looks like it just came out of the crate. First to put it away in the fall and the last one out in the spring.You can't enjoy a ride in this weather

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 09:35 PM
KWD

Also the cages arn't looking for us yet. (well those that do look anyways)
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 10:14 PM

Still a patch of snow on the north side of my house. Been there since December. This has seemed like a very long winter, even my wife has gotten the winter blues this year and it usually does not bother her. We didn't get as much snow as we usually do, but it was colder and stuck around a long time. Rain/Snow tomorrow, but nice weekend forcasted. I think the worst is over, however we've gotten snow in April before. I did get a ride in last weekend... and for you green thumbs out there I also planted peas.

2009 Vulcan 900LT Red/Titanium

OEM Passenger boards
OEM Windshield Bag
OEM Engine Guard
Windshield Lowers
Phat II risers
Cobra Lightbar
Cobra Luggage Rack
Kury Triple Wammy
Mustang Seat and passenger backrest
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 10:24 PM

I know Im tired of it...we've had historic snow fall in delaware, we're at about 78 inches for the season....my bike has never sat for more than a week and its been sitting for a month now...I very worried about the gas in the tank, I hope it doesnt rust out ........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode