Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Dfi concerns

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  engingejocky201 
#1 ·
So a couple weeks ago i lost my air cleaner and the chrome cover on the highway. The replacement was over $300 so i went with the spiked K&N but it had no room for the front and rear heads ICS valves. It had me cap the ports and just remove. The bike is still running great no FI light but it seems to be running rich. Looking for info should i scrap that and go back to original. Or is there something better i don't want to keep running it rich. Please help thanks

2005 nomad 1600.
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Chopper Automotive tire

See less See more
#3 ·
A fuel processor coupled with a good dyno tune is what you're looking for. With an aftermarket air cleaner and aftermarket pipes you may be running extremely lean. Why do you think it's running rich? Did you pull the plugs?

They are lean from the factory, anything you do to add more air (pipes, intake, etc.) is only going to make them MORE lean. Only a more restrictive air cleaner would potentially make it richer.

At any rate, get a fuel processor and a dyno tune and you'll be right on.

#4 ·
No new pipes yet just debaffeled so it still has the CAT two in two out i thought it was rich because the exhaust smells like unburnt fuel but not sure will pull the pugs tomorrow and look into a fuel processor and dyno does anyone suggest a specific processor for the nomad 1600 2005

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.