Thoughts on the new Harley’s? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thoughts on the new Harley’s?

What are your guys thoughts on the upcoming HD Streetfighter and 1250 Custom? They are liquid cooled (which is a great step forward for Hd) and apparently the new motor is modular so the 975cc on the Streetfighter I would think would be upgradeable to a 1250

Personally I think they both look amazing, the Livewire looks neat, and the adventure bike isn’t really
My cup of tea BUT I appreciate Harley making it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 10:06 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2016 Kawasaki Vulcan S
Displacement/CC's: 649
Color: Candy matte Orang
Garage
I'm glad they are trying new things and the bikes all look interesting.

My initial reaction was that they all looked like they had high center of gravities. Maybe they don't but they looked like they engine was mounted up high. Maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about lol
Lucros likes this.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 11:45 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2005 vulcan classic
Displacement/CC's: 1600
Color: back in black baby
Garage
The pics I've seen so far look super fantastical to me.Now if they'd just put reasonable price tags on anything they make,but we all know that'll never happen
Lucros likes this.

"Boy,everyone is stupid except me."
Homer Jay Simpson

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 11:52 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2013 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
Displacement/CC's: 900
Color: White/Blue
I think they have to try new things or the brand will die as each owner dies. Harley needs to attract new owners. I also would consider buying one depending on the price, I'm riding a Vulcan because I refuse to pay the Harley tax.
Lucros and Biebs like this.

2013 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny tim View Post
The pics I've seen so far look super fantastical to me.Now if they'd just put reasonable price tags on anything they make,but we all know that'll never happen

It actually very well might, with trying to bring in a younger fan base they have to realize they need to be reasonable on price

post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt698 View Post
I think they have to try new things or the brand will die as each owner dies. Harley needs to attract new owners. I also would consider buying one depending on the price, I'm riding a Vulcan because I refuse to pay the Harley tax.

Well not only that but Trump is coming after Harley now as a result of his own actions, and what a croc of crap he’s saying he’s going to slam HD with taxes like they’ve never seen for building a EU factory to handle EU orders because of the tariff that the eu imposed on us because of trump.

This shows something very important, that being that our current POTUS will use his position to target specific companies for doing something he doesn’t like. Complete abuse of power. And he’ll probably get away with it.

post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 12:37 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2007 Kawasaki VN1600 Mean Streak
Displacement/CC's: 1600
Color: Black
Garage
I did some test rides on Milwaukee 8 bikes (107 and 114). Leaning angle is still lousy, so the breakes. Vibrations got better: Now, my feets stay on the rests and I have a clear vision. I saw heavily corroded exhausts on some bikes. Some major European Bike magazines made the same observation. So I think, that the quality can be improved.
You must know I'm enigneer: Only technology is worth spending on. A Harley costs the same as a Ninja H2, Ducati V4 Panigale or the Worlds most powerful electric bike "Energica".
If I would put a deposit on a Motorcyle, then on one of those.
cheezyridr likes this.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 02:51 PM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2006
Displacement/CC's: 750
Color: Red/black
Garage
I've never been a fan of Harley's. I ride my Vn750 because it can never be mistaken for a Harley.

Overall, Harley's problem isn't taxes. The company is spread way too thin. By that I mean they're trying to be all things to all people and have a zillion different types of bikes. They cannot sustain this too-wide variety without causing massive issues with their suppliers and the manufacturing lines. Its too complicated.

If Harley still exists 10 years from now I'll bet they significantly cut down on the types of bikes they make. Look at Ford. They're about to stop making most of their types of cars for sale here in the US because its not financially worth making them.

As for all of these younger guys that love sports bikes, lets see what they want to ride 30 or 40 years from now.

Chris Cochran
Retired USAF '74 to '95 AMMO
Engine guard with highway pegs
Luggage rack
GPS on RAM handlebar mount
MCCTs replaced ACCTs
Iridium plugs
Custom made seat (verrry comfortable)
LED turn signals with rear signals relocated
LED license plate holder
Hard mounted Viking saddlebags
Hard mounted fork tool bag (free from Viking)
LED running lights on custom light bar
National Cycles Low Boy Heavy Duty windshield
Home made lowers
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwaihir View Post
I did some test rides on Milwaukee 8 bikes (107 and 114). Leaning angle is still lousy, so the breakes. Vibrations got better: Now, my feets stay on the rests and I have a clear vision. I saw heavily corroded exhausts on some bikes. Some major European Bike magazines made the same observation. So I think, that the quality can be improved.
You must know I'm enigneer: Only technology is worth spending on. A Harley costs the same as a Ninja H2, Ducati V4 Panigale or the Worlds most powerful electric bike "Energica".
If I would put a deposit on a Motorcyle, then on one of those.

A Harley does not cost as much as a H2, that’s all model dependent. The new m8 engines are nice I was more speaking specifically of the new bikes, the electric, adventure, street fighter, and 1250 Custom

post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VN750Guy** View Post
I've never been a fan of Harley's. I ride my Vn750 because it can never be mistaken for a Harley.

Overall, Harley's problem isn't taxes. The company is spread way too thin. By that I mean they're trying to be all things to all people and have a zillion different types of bikes. They cannot sustain this too-wide variety without causing massive issues with their suppliers and the manufacturing lines. Its too complicated.

If Harley still exists 10 years from now I'll bet they significantly cut down on the types of bikes they make. Look at Ford. They're about to stop making most of their types of cars for sale here in the US because its not financially worth making them.

As for all of these younger guys that love sports bikes, lets see what they want to ride 30 or 40 years from now.

I agree they do have to big of a variety and I’ve never been willing to buy a Harley until these new models got announced (so long as they are good).

I honestly do like the softtail slim and the Fat Bob, I think the Bob is absolutely gorgeous.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode