Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Critical tools - to take with you on a ride?

2K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  Poncho Villa 
G
#1 ·
what tools should I carry with me all the time?

#5 · (Edited)
Depends on what you are comfortable doing.

Screwdrivers, slotted and Philips
Allen Keys
2 Crescent (adjustable) Wrenches
Knife
Electrical Tape
Tire patch kit
Flashlight
Tire Pressure Gauge
spare headlight bulb

I have one of these in my bag too, not sure how useful it might be but you never know

#7 ·
Depends on what you are comfortable doing.

Screwdrivers, slotted and Philips
Allen Keys
2 Crescent (adjustable) Wrenches
Knife
Electrical Tape
Tire patch kit
Flashlight
Tire Pressure Gauge
spare headlight bulb
And don't forget this to go along with that Flashlight!

Attachments

#9 ·
It's mosquito repellant. :)Cause the second you turn on that flashlight, especially where I live, you get swarmed by mosquitos.:eek:

G
#13 ·
with all due respect to you and your experience the thread is titled "#critical# tools - to take with you on a ride". I think I'll take a few more tools than that. Even with my limited knowledge i'd rather tighten a nut or screw myself than phone a mechanic to come and do it for me.

#14 ·
critical.. all those items are already bagged in that little pouch under the seat. if you plan to do major surgery on yor side the road breakdown,, you shouldnt be playing in the rain.

G
#15 ·
they're not actually. I got the bike 2nd hand and there's no tools with it. All the toolkit box area is taken up by an alarm and the power commander. That's the reason I need to know, I suppose I should've mentioned before :)

#16 ·
they're not actually. I got the bike 2nd hand and there's no tools with it. All the toolkit box area is taken up by an alarm and the power commander. That's the reason I need to know, I suppose I should've mentioned before :)
kritical piece of missing info. yes, you do need some basic tools for minor stuff. the bike comes with "cheap throw away tools". they will do in a pinch. some fellas go to the truble of replacing them with quality tools. ok.

others insist on karrying a full set of box tools and power tools in case they need to rebuild their motor in middle of death valley. my response is that anybody who knows how to take their bike down to this level and bring it back doesnt need those tools because they know the condition of their bikes and also How to do it. Those that karry all that krap, know neither their bike nor how to fix it even if they did have a full shop set up.

After you do enuff traveling you will or should learn that the BEST way is to travel LIGHT. carry as little as you can and still have what you need. Your best bet for emergencies is RESOURCES.. cell phone, kredit kards, some kash, yor ability to think on yor feet, cetera.. ponchout

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.