Metzler 888 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-11-2013, 06:59 AM Thread Starter

Metzler 888

I just put a set of metzler 888 on my vulcan 900 LT to replace the stock Dunlop 404. I went with 170/80 on the rear (vs stock 180/70) and kept stock size in front. On the bike they look great. I don't notice the different sized rear looking any different.

My first thought was wow $100 for installation?

My second thought was wow these seem significantly smoother than the Dunlops. There is a noticeable improvement in road buzzing coming through my boots. My wife also commented on that.

They do not track in the road cracks or on the tar snakes like the Dunlops. I feel like I control the direction bike - not the road.

Still haven't tested them in the twisties yet and if course no tread life report.

I sit a smidge higher but it is not noticeable. I don't notice a decrease in RPM's but I did notice I didn't seem to try to shift into 6th gear as often so maybe there is.

Acceleration seemed a bit slower but was 2up with gear.

I haven't used the GPS to see if speedo is more accurate or not.

Heading to Gettysburg next week for a long trip so I will have more info after that.

These are the first new tires I have bought for this bike so can't compare them to anything else but so far I am very happy with them.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-11-2013, 08:04 AM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero ABS SE
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Orange SE
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beekeep View Post
My first thought was wow $100 for installation?

Wow! You need to do some shoppin' around! That's high for tire install. Also, did you buy the tire online and bring it in? Sometimes that'll jack up the installation cost. Before buying online, it's always a good idea to call around to the places that'll install it and find out what the out-the-door-installed price is on the tires, along with the install price if you bring it in. Sometimes it's cheaper to pay the higher price for the tire in the store because of far cheaper installation.

They had to be charging $200/hr on labor AND took their sweet time to make it 30 minutes to make it that much. Yikes!

"8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE
iPod Connector Kit, Kuryakyn Highway Pegs, Mustang Touring Seat, Marvella's Hitch, Kuryakyn Trailer Wiring Kit, Haul-Master Tag-a-Long Cargo Trailer

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)

Memphis shades quick-release windshield, OEM Solo Seat, Mustang Fender Bib, Chrome Solo Luggage Rack

Past: 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-30-2013, 06:52 AM

Garage
Thumbs up wowsers...

Put these tires on in the summer... Love em... They track well as I have over 4000 miles on them easily. I did notice a 2 mph decrease on the 5 over I had before. As for rpm's, don't know the numbers, but the rpm's are down a touch. Especially noticeable in first as well as on the highway in sixth. Can't recommend these tires enough, as not a lot of people have spoken of them in the forum... Later...

But I was treated mercifully because I didn’t know what I was doing—didn’t know Who I was doing it against! Grace mixed with faith and love poured over me and into me. And all because of Jesus. Here’s a word you can take to heart and depend on: Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners. I’m proof—Public Sinner Number One—of someone who could never have made it apart from sheer mercy.

1Tim 1, MESS Bible

2006 Vulcan900 Classic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode