LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 02:16 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2009 Kawasaki 900 Custom
Displacement/CC's: 900
Color: Burnt Orange
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJB View Post
.......Around here it's tough to find someone who'll mount them and I sure don't have the tools to do it myself. .....
I had the same problem, but this site https://darkside.nwff.info/?p=installersList has a list of darkside installers.
Tynker likes this.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting
"WHAT A RIDE!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 03:52 PM

Yeah, my inexperience is abundantly clear - it's a conspiracy by Dunlop and Michelin! They don't make enough money on their auto, truck, and racing tires, so they lie to poor Kawasaki riders who don't "know their secret". They got all of the motorcycle manufactures, dealers, and repair industries to go along with the lie (along with all of the other competing tire companies in the world). Wow - glad you guys are exposing this vast conspiracy!

Oh - " ride safe" ✌
post #33 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 07:02 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Lime green/ black flames, and tribal skulls
Car tires are made for cars! Bike tires are made for bikes!, and cracks me up you guys do whatever you want to do, makes me wonder what you're going to use next on a bike that's for a car? all I got to say is if you can't afford to maintain a bike properly you probably shouldn't buy one but that's just my opinion go ahead and slam away my best friend uses a car tire and he loves it good for him I use bike tires and I love using them I also use the oil that's recommended for my bike and my bikes last without any problems. Once again just my opinion!

post #34 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 08:15 PM
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperVaquero View Post
... all I got to say is if you can't afford to maintain a bike properly you probably shouldn't buy one ..
I suppose that could be it in some cases.

For me, however, and the other guys I personally know using Darkside, we all can handily afford to pay for MC tires.

We simply choose not to pay absurd prices for short tread life.
post #35 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 08:48 PM
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hathaway View Post
Yeah, my inexperience is abundantly clear - it's a conspiracy by Dunlop and Michelin! They don't make enough money on their auto, truck, and racing tires, so they lie to poor Kawasaki riders who don't "know their secret". They got all of the motorcycle manufactures, dealers, and repair industries to go along with the lie (along with all of the other competing tire companies in the world). Wow - glad you guys are exposing this vast conspiracy!

Oh - " ride safe" ✌️
Conspiracy? Not sure I'd go to that extreme.

That said, doesn't it seem at least a bit odd I can buy a top tier, high performance W-rated tire for my sports car, that has at least as much rubber (and technology) or more, at half the price (if not less), than a rear tire for my VN2K?

Me thinks a certain group of people just might be getting fleeced in that deal.

Of course, things like production volume factor in because someone has to pay for that tooling, etc., and there are less customers to spread that over. But, still, the MC tire pricing appears disproportional to me.
Ricksza likes this.

Last edited by whoaru99; 05-16-2019 at 11:05 PM.
post #36 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 11:57 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2005 vulcan classic
Displacement/CC's: 1600
Color: back in black baby
Garage
Haters gonna hate bruh!

"Boy,everyone is stupid except me."
Homer Jay Simpson
post #37 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 12:02 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2010 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT
Color: Blue/Grey
The subject of going darkside or the safety of riding a motorcycle for that matter ,is more or less like religion or politics everybody has it's own opinion , and like politics and religion you can try to make your point across , but more inportant you have TO RESPECT the other party point of view

[QUOTE=whoaru99;3031384]Conspiracy? Not sure I'd go to that extreme.

I agree it is not a conpiracy it's just bussines as usual for a big company , all companies are founded and run for a single purpose , to make money and they will do it in any which way they can no matter how horrible , just remember years back a car company decided not to fix a terrible desing flaw because they figured out it was cheaper to face whatever lawsuits that they may face opposite to fixing the problem even though many people died a horrible dead burned alive , yes they put profits ahead of their customers lives .
post #38 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 06:31 PM

[QUOTE=Archie;3031486]The subject of going darkside or the safety of riding a motorcycle for that matter ,is more or less like religion or politics everybody has it's own opinion , and like politics and religion you can try to make your point across , but more inportant you have TO RESPECT the other party point of view

Respect is a 2 way street. To encourage others to do things that are adverse to rules and regulations that have been implemented for the safety of all of us, is the heighth of disrespect.
Do you really think so little of Kawasaki, Bridgestone, the government, the ENTIRE tire industry, that you will gleefully encourage others to place their lives at risk?
Remember, we all share the road. You are not on that roadway alone. If you were, I might say, "Hey - to each his own".
At the end of the day, what I see is people who get a kick out of thumbing their nose at the normal, then whine when people rebel to their nonsense.
I'm sorry - riding a motorcycle on public roadways is a privilege, not a right. That's why you need to get a license to ride. That means people need to accept responsibility and act as adults.
We ride Kawasaki's - we are not actors in some outlaw biker movie. It might be useful to remember - that trucker who tailgates us down a mountain pass, thinks he's a renegade, too.
post #39 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 04:45 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2009 Kawasaki 900 Custom
Color: Burnt Orange
Garage
Personally, I would be more worried about any Harley running the OEM Dunlop D402 tires than any darksiders. People are trying to get a class action lawsuit together because of all the deaths and injury.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting
"WHAT A RIDE!"
post #40 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 10:11 AM

Does anybody remember Firestone 500's? Steel belts would peel right out of the tread. We can all find tires that have poor track records. Firestone 721's were better. That's how tire manufacturing goes, just like other industries. Engineers design a product and test it. They qualify its use and purpose. They test it and spent huge amounts of money. There are load, compound, heat, pressure, and speed ratings. The same with motorcycle tires. I don't want anybody who knowingly puts safety at risk,to be on the roads I may be on, as well. When you knowingly ignore common sense rules, and threaten the lives and well being of others, are you surprised that people question your judgement?
The trucker I previously mentioned: He thought he was "super trucker". Tailgating a middle aged couple down a mountain pass (that was known for runaway trucks), must have seemed to him to be our fault. Don't we know he has a schedule to keep? What are we doing on that road on a motorcycle? Why don't we go faster than 75 mph, downhill?
Don't we understand how much weight he was carrying?
Of course, dumbass didn't know me. He had no clue I wasn't some yuppie who never turned a wrench. He didn't know that I could school him on all of the tractors and mid range trucks I worked on that had brake system failures. He never saw a brake pad, 3/4" thick, crack, or a brake drum as big as a tub, separate itself from its own hub. He hadn't seen wheel bearings welded onto their axle, due to heat and lack of maintenance, where you had to cut it apart with a torch. He didn't know the bikers I had known, killed due to arrogant dummys like him.
I thought of following his smartass to the truck stop and giving him hell. But my wife didn't need to be terrorized any further. I also knew down deep, it wouldn't have done any good. He was so into being a wild ass cowboy trucker, he had no concept of how stupid he really was and how little he really knew. He THOUGHT he knew, but "He didn't know, what he didn't know".
Hard to respect people who's pride in their ignorance outweighs consideration of anyone who unfortunately happens to be around them, when they get their reward for their arrogance.
If you guys want to ignore common sense, go ahead, but don't ask me to cheer you on.
Bildak likes this.

Last edited by Hathaway; 05-18-2019 at 10:21 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode