Swapping VN900C wheels with VN900B spoked wheels - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bildak

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

Year/Make/Model: 2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom
Displacement/CC's: 900
Color: red
Swapping VN900C wheels with VN900B spoked wheels

I am looking to find the spoke rims off a Vulcan 900 Classic for my 2007 Vulcan 900 Custom... OR... I am trying to find out what the axle size is so that I can order custom rims.

I don't have a caliper so I can't accurately measure the axle myself.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 10:06 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2007 Vulcan Classic LT
Color: red/Silver
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Bildak
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminJ View Post
I am looking to find the spoke rims off a Vulcan 900 Classic for my 2007 Vulcan 900 Custom... OR... I am trying to find out what the axle size is so that I can order custom rims.

I don't have a caliper so I can't accurately measure the axle myself.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
Rear axle sizes are the same. Go to Kawasakipartshouse.com and you can check one bike style part number against another. I'm changing my rear Classic wheel to a custom wheel so that I can run a car tire on rear tubeless. Don't like the idea of having a motorcycle tube in a car tire. Already checked axle part number and they both use the same axle. I think that they are 20mm in size. I hope it helps you find what you are looking for...

Last edited by Bildak; 06-15-2018 at 10:09 AM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bildak View Post
Rear axle sizes are the same. Go to Kawasakipartshouse.com and you can check one bike style part number against another. I'm changing my rear Classic wheel to a custom wheel so that I can run a car tire on rear tubeless. Don't like the idea of having a motorcycle tube in a car tire. Already checked axle part number and they both use the same axle.
I am hoping to swap both front and back. I hear its a direct swap for both. Spacers and everything is the same. I just can't find both wheels. I like the spoked wheels and the ability to have a fat front tire rather than the skinny 21" wheel in the front. I am willing to just buy aftermarket rims as well... but can't find the axle dims anywhere, just part numbers.

Thanks for the info!

Regardless, my wheels/tires will be up for sale/swap/trade asap.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0521.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	222297  

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 10:32 AM

Garage
I don't see the front wheels having the same axle size and spacers as the Custom has a skinny tire and the classic is a fatter tire requiring a wider wheel/rim. I may be wrong as I have not looked at that. I'm looking for a mag wheel that is about the same as the Classic front wheel in size/diameter to keep the same size tire up front.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
I don't see the front wheels having the same axle size and spacers as the Custom has a skinny tire and the classic is a fatter tire requiring a wider wheel/rim. I may be wrong as I have not looked at that. I'm looking for a mag wheel that is about the same as the Classic front wheel in size/diameter to keep the same size tire up front.
Sorry for the confusion, I meant that the spacers and wheels are an even swap.. not the same size. Custom runs a 80/90-21 and the Classic runs a 130/90-16 in the front. Similar situation for the rear.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 11:14 AM

Garage
Quote:
Sorry for the confusion, I meant that the spacers and wheels are an even swap.. not the same size. Custom runs a 80/90-21 and the Classic runs a 130/90-16 in the front. Similar situation for the rear.
The Classic rear tire and the Custom rear tire are the same size. It's the front that is so different as you already know. I had a Kawasaki Concours and I was able to put swap the 18" front wheel out with a ZR7 17" wheel. Trying to do that same thing again with the Classic. Find a wheel that will fit without any major headaches. I also was in New Hampshire on Tuesday of this week in Laconia....Bill
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:
The Classic rear tire and the Custom rear tire are the same size. It's the front that is so different as you already know. I had a Kawasaki Concours and I was able to put swap the 18" front wheel out with a ZR7 17" wheel. Trying to do that same thing again with the Classic. Find a wheel that will fit without any major headaches. I also was in New Hampshire on Tuesday of this week in Laconia....Bill
Ive got a set of VN900 Classic wheels on the way. Hopefully they are in good enough condition to cleanup and powdercoat. Then I will toss some new tires on em and sell my VN900 Custom wheels with existing tires on em. No clue what those are worth.

It’s Bike week in Laconia. Lots of bikes rolling around NH this week. Fun times!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-16-2018, 09:15 AM

Garage
Quote:
Ive got a set of VN900 Classic wheels on the way. Hopefully they are in good enough condition to cleanup and powdercoat. Then I will toss some new tires on em and sell my VN900 Custom wheels with existing tires on em. No clue what those are worth.

Itís Bike week in Laconia. Lots of bikes rolling around NH this week. Fun times!
Bike week in Laconia is always a trip. As for what your wheels are worth, check E-Bay and see what others are getting for the same condition wheels..
BenjaminJ likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode