Custom rims not true - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015, 07:44 AM Thread Starter

Custom rims not true

So this is a question that my dad has regarding a set of rims that he had made for his bike just figured I'd ask here to get some other opinions. So we ordered a new pair of billet custom rims from this place my brother and dad found online. Looked like they did good work and claimed to be on business for a long time. So they ordered these rims from this place (which will remain nameless unless they don't fix the issue then there will be a whole new thread regarding that) they got here and they looked great the back one is perfect the front one wasn't true at all though. You could see the rim move left to right as you spin it while bolted in place and the rotor was dragging on the calper because that too wasn't straight. We my brother called them and they said it's ok if the rim isn't perfectly straight but take all these measurements and send it back so they can fix it . So the measurements were taken and the rim sent back. 2 weeks go by with out hearing any thing . We call them and they said that the rim was in spec and it would have been ok but they will fix it any ways even though it's fine. A month goes by and we get the rim back .... It's a bit better but still not straight or perfect. So the question. Are all custom rims not true or is this just a crappy rim by a crap company. Any one ever have any experience like this , what did they do to fix it. Where should we go from here. I thought that any thing but a straight rim would cause a wobble

Last edited by bluegoose95401; 08-04-2015 at 07:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015, 08:25 AM
Administrator

Year/Make/Model: 2008 Honda Goldwing Level3
Displacement/CC's: 1800
Color: Pearl White
Garage
I put spendy wheels on my Honda Sabre from RCComponents and they were perfect, no flaws or problems. Chrome was still perfect years later when I sold the bike.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode