Vulcan 800 custom jacking. HELP!!!! - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-11-2015, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

Vulcan 800 custom jacking. HELP!!!!

a week or so ago I asked about using my yellow Harbor Freight jack on the 800 custom. I just bought two new tires from Motorcycle Superstore great deal. I want to remove the wheels and take them to Cycle Gear for mounting the new tires. I have used this jack for years on different bikes. This is my first Vulcan so I need some help on using this jack with this bike. Someone mentioned using hockey pucks on the Jack. Where is the best place to put them. I want to Jack up the bike and leave it off the ground while I take the wheels to Cycle Gear and not have it fall off.

Any help will be much appreciated. I have been working on motorcycles for years but with all of the comments about this bike it bothers me. So please ease my feelings. Lol
I saw a guy on YouTube use a floor Jack to get the rear up letting the bike rest on the kickstand and the front tire. Looked easy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-11-2015, 08:38 PM
Top Contributor

Garage
I think the frame is the same as the classic, different tree accounts for the rake. Have a jack very simular to the harbour freight one, and I get it just in front of or behind the switch on the kickstand. If on solid ground, should have no trouble. May run a ratchet strap or 2 over bike attaching it firmly to the jack for extra security.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

2005 800 classic
2012 Voyager ABS
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
I think the frame is the same as the classic, different tree accounts for the rake. Have a jack very simular to the harbour freight one, and I get it just in front of or behind the switch on the kickstand. If on solid ground, should have no trouble. May run a ratchet strap or 2 over bike attaching it firmly to the jack for extra security.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Thanks I appreciate that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode