Picked up a screw - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 07:05 AM Thread Starter

Picked up a screw

Tire trouble. I picked up a screw in parry sound ontario. In the middle of no where. I am also a new rider, do I have to remove the tire and of so how? I have saddle bags do I have to remove it all?

[color=gray]Sent from Motorcycle.com App[/color
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 09:23 AM

if you have spokes, you have tubes. That will need to be removed to repair or replace the tube. The tire probably says "Tubeless" but there's s still a tube in there if you have spokes.
If they're truly tubeless, you can try a plug while still mounted on the bike.

"how" is going to need a lot more information for anybody to help you, starting with what kind of bike you have. You mention removing bags so I suppose we're discussing a rear, and yes, you'll probably need those out of the way to get the wheel off. The basics will involve getting the tire off the ground somehow, wood is usually good piled under the frame. There's an axle through the center of the wheel that has to be removed, with a nut on the end and probably some spacers on each side of the wheel that will need to be put back in the right place on re installation. Maybe a cotter pin holding the nut in place. The chain or drive mechanism and brake may need special handling, once we learn what you have.
All of this should be in your manual.

Last edited by Idahoser; 07-24-2014 at 09:27 AM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 10:16 AM

+1 to what Idahoser said. YouTube can be very helpful if you lookup you model bike. I found one for the 800 when I needed to and it worked out great. BTW. You will have a 21 or 22 mm nut to remove, if you have brake shoes you'll want to raise and suspend the brake rod before installing the wheel good luck post back if you have questions.

Ron m

Last edited by Ron M; 07-24-2014 at 10:21 AM.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachJay View Post
Tire trouble. I picked up a screw in parry sound ontario. In the middle of no where. I am also a new rider, do I have to remove the tire and of so how? I have saddle bags do I have to remove it all?

[color=gray]Sent from Motorcycle.com App[/color
Thanks for all the help!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode