Need a new tire, cant find options. - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 10:23 AM Thread Starter

Need a new tire, cant find options.

I need at least a new front tire for my 2008 Vulcan 900 Custom, and I cant seem to find anything talking about putting a different brand tire on the bike?
What are some other, possibly better performing options for this bike?
Thanks for the help, I cant get the bike to pass NYS inspection until I get the new tire.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 03:52 PM

Garage
Front tire/different brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by 900GreenMachine View Post
I need at least a new front tire for my 2008 Vulcan 900 Custom, and I cant seem to find anything talking about putting a different brand tire on the bike?
What are some other, possibly better performing options for this bike?
Thanks for the help, I cant get the bike to pass NYS inspection until I get the new tire.
You would be best off digging though old threads here for opinions on this - the posts are endless. You owners manual suggests three choices. Dunlop 404, Bridgestone exedra, Metzeler marathon. Other's like the Michelin commander II's and I've used some Kenda's which are probably the lowest price but I've had no issues at all with them at all. Would put them on again in a minute. Oh, don't forget Shinko - you really can't mess up here. The good news is the tire is easy to change. Good luck in NY...
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 04:32 PM

There are a lot of good options available for the 21 incher on the front of the Customs. At the time I replaced mine, I chose to go up a size to a 90/90-21. I dont recommend doing this unless you do a lot of research on what tire will fit in the stock fender or have the ability to modify the fender mount.
I ended up going with a Shinko. I was hesitant at first due to their low cost ($46 at the time) but after reading all the reviews, decided to give it a chance. I used micro beads rather than balancing.
I have almost 6,000 miles on this tire the past two seasons (I live in upstate NY) and couldn't be happier with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode