TPMS system? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

TPMS system?

Just wondering if anyone is running a tire pressure monitor system on there bike? Im still running spoked wheels on my new to me Classic fi 1500 and waiting for the summer!! Kinda interested in a decent tpms system for it for the long trips etc..
Does anyone have a good review or brand that they are using? Looks Like the Hawkshead system is decent for the money? Thanks for the help guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-31-2014, 10:38 AM
Lifetime Premium

I have the Big Bike Parts handlebar mounted TPMS, love it. Kind of pricey, but the rear tire valve of the VV is a first class pain to get to so I think it's worth it. I have the tire pressure and temperature if I want it at a glance. It tracks with my handheld tire pressure guage very accurately. I like the handlebar mounting much better than the keychain unit.

Wish I could lock it on the bike, but fortunately it is easy to pop on and off. Wish it were rain proof, but they provide an ugly silicon cover you can put on in the rain.

Garmin now offers TPMS capability with some of their GPS units, so there would be one less thing attached to the handlebars.

Dale

2010 Vulcan Voyager /Ooops - I totaled it!/
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-22-2014, 09:00 PM

Tpms

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverHillAndDale View Post
I have the Big Bike Parts handlebar mounted TPMS, love it. Kind of pricey, but the rear tire valve of the VV is a first class pain to get to so I think it's worth it. I have the tire pressure and temperature if I want it at a glance. It tracks with my handheld tire pressure guage very accurately. I like the handlebar mounting much better than the keychain unit.

Wish I could lock it on the bike, but fortunately it is easy to pop on and off. Wish it were rain proof, but they provide an ugly silicon cover you can put on in the rain.

Garmin now offers TPMS capability with some of their GPS units, so there would be one less thing attached to the handlebars.
Can you show pic?

Chris Boggs
Federal Motor Carrier Consulting
Regret is an inevitable consequence of life, (X-Files; Smoking Man)

GPS
Marvellas Drink Holder
IPod jack, CB, Intercom
Marvellas Trailer Hitch
Value Accessories Backrest
Marvella's Passanger Handrails
----------------------------------
Veteran USAF
Texas Department of Public Safety
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version