Shinkos? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-25-2014, 01:29 PM Thread Starter

Shinkos?

I have a 2002 mean streak and in worried about buying this brand and them not holding up so as usual when I need some trusty advise I turn to the guys on here...so I live in Illinois so I typically wear out the center instead of the side of the tires I ain't gunna say I ride hard but I like to push the bike to the limits at tines

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-25-2014, 01:52 PM

I've had different model Shinkos on cruisers and standards. Always been pleased with the wear and performance.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-06-2014, 09:25 PM

I have 400 miles on my new ones and so far so good.. playing with air preassures but I like them

2007 VN900 Classic LT
Thunder Air kit
Cobra Dragster pipes
Dynajet Power Commander 3
Metzeler 880's
Red Led's under tank
National VRA member
Phoenix Vulcan Rider chapter AZ 1-15 member.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 08:14 PM

I had the same concern about these inexpensive tires. After reading some reviews I decided to give them a shot. I picked up a 90/90-21 for my 900 custom front for $46. Didnt balance it and went with micro beads instead.
that was two years ago and I now have almost 6,000 miles on it. It wears and handles better than the original Dunlop. I now feel comfortable recommending these tires. I am very pleased with it.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 04:20 AM

I was the same way, put a set on mine a couple hundred miles ago, very pleased with the performance and have heard nothing but positive feed back on those tires. I have the tour masters
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-21-2014, 11:18 AM

Have used them on my 1998 Honda Magna and now on the 2007 Vulcan 900 and I get good wear and good ride from the tires. I ride the Shinko 230 Tour Master tires. I've gotten about 8,000 before they start to show the wear nubs on them on both bikes. A little more on the front tire than I get on the rear tire. Never tried the beads for balance but I hear they do work.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-21-2014, 12:56 PM

Just bought a set for mine after I found out Shinko had bought out Toyo tires motorcycle division to start his business. He moved the plant to Korea and has been getting great reviews.

Live life like there is no tomorrow
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-21-2014, 04:16 PM

I'm running the SR 777 on the front which is still less than $50. The quality far exceeds what you would expect for the price. Most people shy away from this brand only because they feel such an inexpensive tire can be very good. I am getting better wear out of mine than some of my riding buddies are getting out of their tires costing 3 times as much.

In my sport bike days, I was always a Metzler guy and is what I was looking at when I came across the Shinko. Toyo tires were very good and the quality has continued with the Shinko. When the time comes to replace the rear tire, it will.also get a Shinko.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-21-2014, 09:33 PM

A lot of racers in the sport bike world really like them...
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-02-2014, 02:12 AM

I also had the Shinko 230's and loved the feel, ride and grip. I got around 8k miles out of them. I would probably buy a set again because of their price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode