Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Clutch not fully engaging when stopping

4K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  VulcanDrifter 
#1 ·
Hi I'm very new to bikes, this is actually my first one and was given to me by my brother. Its a 2001 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic fi with about 37000 miles. Sense I've had it I have changed the brake and clutch fluid and bled the clutch and just today replaced the slave cylinder. Before all that it would run fine but when I pull up to a stop light and pull the clutch in and shift to first gear and come to a complete stop the bike keeps pulling forward if I let go of the brake and will sometimes stall. After I changed all the before mentioned parts and fluids it's STILL doing it. Any help would be VERY appreciated. Thank you all!

#3 ·
Hydraulic clutch. No cable.

This post has been deleted
#7 ·
you might have some air bubbles in the clutch fluid line so when you pull on the clutch lever the air bubbles act as a cushion and compress and the fluid is not completely pushing on the clutch rod to free up friction pressure on the clutch plates and that makes the clutch still grab and want to go forward, so the fix is the remove the air bubbles from the line, that's a whole new topic how to bleed a brake/clutch line of all air bubbles

#8 ·
Thank you all for the quick responses and I'll make sure and keep bleeding but now on my way to work I noticed when I pull in the clutch it's making a squeaking sound till I come to a complete stop. Could that have to do with the slave cylinder? I also was wondering it there is supposed to be a ball bearing attached to my rod or is that bearing supposed to be inside the slave cylinder because the slave cylinder I got off eBay has it inside and the one I removed didn't, it was attached to the clutch rod. I hope I'm explaining myself enough to get what I'm talking about across. Thanks again to everyone helping me!!

#9 ·
Check the clutch mastercylinder. There is a small port in the bottom that sometimes get dirt or gets partially plugged. Take a thin needle and pole into the hole. Should see difference. Dawn it on YouTube check it out. YouTube showed home the clean the port..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.