Memphis shades batwing install help/questions - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

Year/Make/Model: 2006 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad 1600
Displacement/CC's: 1550
Color: Black
Garage
Question Memphis shades batwing install help/questions

Hi. I'm a new member and this is my first official post. I just bought a 2006 Vulcan Nomad 1600. I've done a ton of research on this site and checked out the different brands, etc. so I have a good idea of what's out there so I partially pulled the trigger on a Memphis Shades batwing fairing (I already bought the mounting kit). They're a good price and I don't have a full need for a radio hookup and they seem to get good reviews.

This weekend it was finally nice so I went to go install the mounting kit on the bike. The instructions are pretty straight forward and it comes with 4 "mounting bolts" that attach to the forks where the OEM windshield hardware is. Once the mounting bolts are on it's just a matter of snapping in the fairing.

The problem is that when I take off the windshield and the windshield hardware, my light bar can no longer attach to the bike....it's not bolted to the underside of the headlight, it's bolted directly into the windshield hardware on the forks. I don't know if this is some aftermarket light bar installed because it was on there when I bought the bike but it has the 2 blinkers and 2 big lights on it. When I did some googling, it looks like it might be a Cobra light bar.

My question is to anyone else with a VN1600G, do I have to get a new light bar in order to be able to mount the fairing or should I start looking into another fairing model such as Tsukayu or Reckless fairings, which I believe mount directly to the current OEM windshield brackets??

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated because I've seen another post from about 10 years ago where someone did a Batwing fairing install on a VN1600G and the light bar looked like the same one I had. I just don't know if I'm missing something simple or need a different light bar hookup altogether....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 12:53 AM

Year/Make/Model: '06 VN750, '95 VN1500
Sorry to hear youíre having problems. I donít have the same bike as you, but if you posted some pics we might be able to help get it sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

Year/Make/Model: 2006 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad 1600
Displacement/CC's: 1550
Color: Black
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandyLou View Post
Sorry to hear you’re having problems. I don’t have the same bike as you, but if you posted some pics we might be able to help get it sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks!!

I’m taking it up to a customs shop today to see if they can tell me what I need, too.

But I’ll post some pics soon and see if anyone has some ideas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode