Vulcan road glide - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

Vulcan road glide

Hi guys I joined because I was just given a vulcan 1600 classic in exchange for some work I did but I would like to make this bike into a bagger with a fairing and I wanted to know if there was anyone that installed a shark nose frame mounted fairing on one and could give me advice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 05:17 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2015 VN1700B
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: GRY/BLK
I dunno, the roadglide has a sheet metal bracket that holds the instrument/dash and headlamps assembly onto the frame, and surrounds the fork. The outer-skin of the shark nose fairing attaches to that assembly. The windshield is attached to that. Turn signals are bolted below, via HD chrome mounts, with studs. If you can get ahold of a wrecked roadglide, you could scavenge the parts off of that. If not, Harley has all those parts, but it'll cost 'ya! Good luck...

Last edited by Hathaway; 02-15-2019 at 07:57 AM.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 11:10 PM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: (SOLD) Kawasaki Vulcan S [Harley-Davidson FLXTRS Road Glide Special]
Displacement/CC's: 107 Stage II(1745)
Color: Bonneville Salt Pearl
So there are companies out there that sell conversion kits for a road king; not sure it that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 03:01 PM

I had a 2006 Harley Road Glide, before my current 1700 Voyager. The newer roadglides have a vented section just below the windshield. The problem with the sharknose is wind buffeting. There were several deflectors available from HD, and the taller windshield was available, too. That cured my buffeting, but heard a lot of other owners of both the older and the newer version that had that problem. Also, when I bought a deflector ( snapped onto the engine guard, under the fairing, between the forks) I noticed the "Motor Company" offered a version of that same deflector to fit the newer style. I traded mine in on this current Voyager - no buffeting on it!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 04:31 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2012 Vulcan Classic LT
Displacement/CC's: 900
Color: Black/silver
Send a message via Skype™ to gvwynne
Did you try www.batwing-faring.com ?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 12:22 AM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: (SOLD) Kawasaki Vulcan S [Harley-Davidson FLXTRS Road Glide Special]
Displacement/CC's: 107 Stage II(1745)
Color: Bonneville Salt Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hathaway View Post
I had a 2006 Harley Road Glide, before my current 1700 Voyager. The newer roadglides have a vented section just below the windshield. The problem with the sharknose is wind buffeting. There were several deflectors available from HD, and the taller windshield was available, too. That cured my buffeting, but heard a lot of other owners of both the older and the newer version that had that problem. Also, when I bought a deflector ( snapped onto the engine guard, under the fairing, between the forks) I noticed the "Motor Company" offered a version of that same deflector to fit the newer style. I traded mine in on this current Voyager - no buffeting on it!

The Rushmore fairing is free of buffeting, have a 15 freedom Shield Sport Touring Shield on my 18

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 11:10 AM

Fairing is off of a 05 HD wound up taking it back off to me just didnt look right way too many gaps and the frame did not match up to my liking. If you are able to fab up a mounting frame it may look better
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190403_170905_1555344462189.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	228020  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 11:16 AM

Oh - I see you used a "Batwing" fairing (usuall, fork mounted)? I was talking about the "Shark Nose" off of a Road Glide. That one takes a bracket, mounted to the frame. Sorry it didn't work out. Still - something to be said for a full view touring windshield, instead of a fairing. A friend went to an Electra Glide, and switched back to a Road King - found out he didn't like the fairing, after all.

Last edited by Hathaway; 04-15-2019 at 11:20 AM.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 11:16 AM

Also you will need to change out your stock risers and bars you will need either very short risers or a sweep back style with wider bars at least 12" width at center. Then you get into cables are wire lengths depending on what bars you decide to go with. Not trying dissuade you just letting you know what can of worms you're opening when you get into it. Currently im saving up for the whole bagger kit from tsukayu, they make kits specific to the metrics with that classic bagger look.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hathaway View Post
Oh - I see you used a "Batwing" fairing (fork mounted)? I was talking about the "Shark nose" off of a Road Glide. That one takes a bracket, mounted to the frame. Sorry it didn't work out.

The kit from tsukayu is about $1200 but comes with the fairing hard bags and the touring trunk with the queen seat back rests as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode