Fuel intake connection. Fuel manager. 04 mean streak vs. 04 classic - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

Year/Make/Model: 2004/Kawasaki/Mean Streak
Displacement/CC's: 95/1552
Fuel intake connection. Fuel manager. 04 mean streak vs. 04 classic

I bought a used 04 Vulcan 1600. Labeled as a mean streak when I bought it. Has had the labels taken off..... How do I make sure it's either the actual mean streak or the classic.

I bought a COBRA fi2000 for a 2004 mean streak. I have the tank lifted and am looking at the connections like an I just sleep deprived or are these things not really matching up.

Would the connections really be different for same year . Same engine. Different editions?

I have not been able to find pictures of one versus the other to make sure.

I have searched the forum a couple of ways and have not found the clear answer I'm looking for....

I greatly appreciate any input that can she'd some light. Should I send this back and see if the classic has a different COBRA connect?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

Year/Make/Model: 2004/Kawasaki/Mean Streak
Displacement/CC's: 95/1552
I figured it out. The instructions that came with the fuel manager stated to look on the right side of the bike, under the tank. I took that to mean the right side of the bike as if I was sitting on it..... that was not the case. I found the right connections by looking on the clutch side of the bike.

I did not have to take the tank off like it states in the directions. I only had to do what multiple people on youtube have shown and unscrew the tank and lift it up just enough to see the connections and squeeze my hands under the tank.

I meant to take pictures of the connections when I found them to help the next guy that might look this up. In the heat of the moment, I forgot.

It's pretty easy when looking under the correct side of the tank. Once finding them, the cobra fi2000 was really a plug and play like stated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode