Handlebar Risers/pullbacks - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 12:32 AM Thread Starter

Year/Make/Model: 07 Vulcan Classic
Displacement/CC's: 1600
Color: Silver
Garage
Handlebar Risers/pullbacks

Hi Little Bit here, I will be getting a used 07 Vulcan Classic 1600 and I have to make it fit,me properly. If i put the risers/pullbacks will I have to get longer cables and wires etc?

Also can u tell me if I can get a backrest for me that will fit the bike and push me forward?

Thanks a Million
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 06:03 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic
Garage
Not if you stay below I think like 3 inches. I actually just put the 2 inch riser extenders/spacers on Sunday. Its a lot better. About the other question, I know alot of guys do have back rests installed. You can find some on EBay along with some other places.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 10:37 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2006 Classic 1600
Not sure how much rise/pull back you are looking to achieve but I opted to go a different route on my '06 Classic. I replaced my OEM Classic bars with Harley Road King Police bars which are same diameter and couldn't be more pleased. The height and bar angle works perfect for me. I didn't need to extend any cables, I actually had a little left over that I needed to move around a bit to accommodate for the little extra slack. I did have to drill a small hole to allow for the throttle side controls tab to insert so that the controls would not rotate, no big deal though. I never really liked the angle of the OEM bars or the height, now a much better riding position and posture. The bike also handles much better both on road and parking lots. Works for me but may or may not work for you. Just as a point of reference, I'm 6'3" tall so I have a healthy reach on me.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Scott
2006 Classic 1600

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 12:53 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2000 Nomad 1500 fi
Displacement/CC's: 1500
Color: Purplish Black Mica
you can go to 5 1/2 " risers without having to change cables. Usually 51/2" risers will give you about 3 inches of pullback.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-05-2017, 11:07 AM

I got these risers on eBay: HR2 Handlebar Riser Extensions for Kawasaki Vulcan, Mean Streak, Suzuki Marauder

I also got the bolts as well. Really easy to install. The only cable that is tight is the brake master line, but luckily not so much to cause binding.

Cheers,
Robert
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-05-2017, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

Year/Make/Model: 07 Vulcan Classic
Color: Silver
Garage
Hi JT, Thanks for the info. did u keep the original handlebars? They are alittle to wide for me. Do u have any recommendations for handlebars for a small woman? Are your pullbacks 5"? It didnt say on the web page
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-06-2017, 09:11 PM

Yes, I kept the original bars. These risers allowed me to add them to the bars, then bolt them to the top of the triple-tree without much fuss.

They are a bit wide as they are drag bars. Beyond that I'm still learning about the bike. There are aftermarket bars and you might get more ease from the distance (riser) and narrower bars for the hands, but I haven't heard of anything like that yet.

If I hear of something, I'll post it here.

Cheers,
Robert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode