Used bike adjustment - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Used bike adjustment

It has been a wild ride on the new Vulcan 1600, both literally and figuratively.

First I was riding yesterday and pulled the bike back in to the spot I chose to park it which consisted of a ride over the yard for 30 feet followed by a pop up onto the drive in front of my car. Well that turned into a slide out coming back onto the drive. I gave it some gas to keep from dumping it and came up too far and clipped the front bumper of my car breaking the right turn signal housing and scratching the right front quarter panel of my car.

So now I have a process of backing the car out into the drive, pulling the bike up behind my wife's car, pulling my car back into position, and then riding the bike out. Do we have an emoji that shows you bashing your head against a wall? God I felt dumb for trying to save 5 minutes and costing myself whatever a new set of turn signals will cost since the ones on there are aftermarket and I have no idea what to get to replace one.

- I broke a signal and scratched my car

+ I didn't drop the bike I've had a week in my driveway
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 05:28 PM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2010 NOMAD
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Black/titanium
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaymen View Post
It has been a wild ride on the new Vulcan 1600, both literally and figuratively.

First I was riding yesterday and pulled the bike back in to the spot I chose to park it which consisted of a ride over the yard for 30 feet followed by a pop up onto the drive in front of my car. Well that turned into a slide out coming back onto the drive. I gave it some gas to keep from dumping it and came up too far and clipped the front bumper of my car breaking the right turn signal housing and scratching the right front quarter panel of my car.

So now I have a process of backing the car out into the drive, pulling the bike up behind my wife's car, pulling my car back into position, and then riding the bike out. Do we have an emoji that shows you bashing your head against a wall? God I felt dumb for trying to save 5 minutes and costing myself whatever a new set of turn signals will cost since the ones on there are aftermarket and I have no idea what to get to replace one.

- I broke a signal and scratched my car

+ I didn't drop the bike I've had a week in my driveway
Well that really sucs,Now My problem isn't so bad,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode