First thing I notice was this forum is really slow, almost riding weather going to be posting pictures as I go so seriously> throw stuff at me you think I might be interested in i'm a customizing nut, I might not know what your talking about but thats why the introduction and wanting to learn so any ideas guys,, fired it on me. If you have old parts your not using changed something let me know what you have to. I'm going to ask a lot of questions some dumb I"m sure some might trip you up but it don't take me long once I buy something like this to have it tricked out.
Right now I travel with the job, Hauling cars in the Detriot to Chicago area back and forth just got home yesterday been up there a month motels every night so its not so bad. Run a 10 car quick loader stinger with United Road hauling cars trucks and SUVs.
New year in car hauling their pushed everyone trying to get rid of the inventory I work up north from late Nov to April then home to enjoy the hobbies which I have a few..
High speed bass boat , pontoon, one ATV one is being traded on this bike, and that stay young toy Mike Bos Rear end dragster, Even the dodge 3500 is tricked so ask away and post a picture of what you have your not off topicing me this thread is for fun., where you got it what price you paid for it and your never busting my thread, tickled for the help ideas and side comments.
Not new to riding, had several bikes in the past coolest one was the Kawasaki ZL1000 I'll stick a old picture of that on here later, and what I use to carry it around in but nothing like this 1600 so you guys are the pros i'm learning.
Names Luke , live outside of Elizabeth City NC on the Little River so if your in the area that would be great I don't know anyone yet to ride with but dolling this thing up for that reason I'm hoping will be fun. Do have a custom ATV trailer Im thinking I can haul at least 3 full size bikes in so set there.
On the bike, local guy stuck it on the internet swap shop we have around the house, I seen it ask him to hold it till I got home which was the whole month almost seen it the first few days after I left. He friend-ed me on facebook and I seen a post he put in there for someone else he was looking for a ATV. Jumped all over that like white on rice........LOL
The bike is not in really good shape, guys ,, its MINT. Looks like it come right off the show room floor not a chip, scratch rock PING anyways, 16000 miles you'll can look at the pictures see the add ones >$3500.00 The ATVs I have are almost new, Long story on why im' selling the one that I won't go into . LOL owe about 5700 on the smaller 450 i'm trading , he's bringing me the bike Sunday, paying me 2200 cash I get the bike he gets the ATV.
So you know the deal on how now, and i'm tickled with how this thing worked out.
1. First question, will the stuff off the 1700s fit on the 1600s. I'm a e bay nut and see tons of stuff for the 1700s but not nearly so for the 1600s.
2. Second,, the plug in aftermarket boxes that up the power/torque like 10% have any of you used one and can you really feel the difference and if you would like mentioned let me know what you have or what you know someone else has. This is all new to me.
3. Touring trunks and wrap around seats for the ladies on the back. Went in the gallery I LIKE some of you guys bikes so if you have a trunk back there and wrap around seat please post a good close up picture and TALK.!! Let me know what kind ect, ect.
4. Bat wings for the front with and without stereo. You see the windshield but want to get that hand protection of the wider wing and thinking very serious stereo and back speakers under the touring trunk.
5. This thing comes with Vance and Hynes pipes. Here is that dumb question I mentioned. Can you get baffles for those things. There all the way back but right loud. just wondering.
6. What fuel millage are you guys seeing with yours. Again,new guy and gal that own it said about 45 mpg I know that old ZL1000 didn't get by about 23 mpg.
7. LEDs on bikes. If you have a picture of some LED strips you have installed post some photos please. I'm not going to go crazy but have seen where a little high light here and there to me anyway. Really looks good.
Was sponsored by Bluewater LED in the racing for two years, trailer is LIT UP but thats off road and we have trailer wars seeing who can outdo the others . Its all in fun.
Might take me a day or so at times to get back to you sometimes I'll type a bible if I like a idea and have the time to get on but loved the color of the bike got to figure out how to paint the trunk and wing like mentioned, got a idea, fire away. Hearing ideas on the other hobbies and forum i'm on has opened a lot of doors in how I tinkered with my mess on those toys.
In case any of you are on other hobby forums I've run into several with other hobbies, im on THE HULL TRUTH boating forum, Bass boat Central, pontoon boat forum, Polaris ATV forum, RamZ and Cummins Fourm and drag race results.
Here she is.