The new toy. - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
LittleRiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Elizabeth City NC
Year/Make/Model: 2006
Displacement/CC's: 1600
Color: Red and Silver
Gender: Male
Posts: 50
The new toy.

First thing I notice was this forum is really slow, almost riding weather going to be posting pictures as I go so seriously> throw stuff at me you think I might be interested in i'm a customizing nut, I might not know what your talking about but thats why the introduction and wanting to learn so any ideas guys,, fired it on me. If you have old parts your not using changed something let me know what you have to. I'm going to ask a lot of questions some dumb I"m sure some might trip you up but it don't take me long once I buy something like this to have it tricked out.

Right now I travel with the job, Hauling cars in the Detriot to Chicago area back and forth just got home yesterday been up there a month motels every night so its not so bad. Run a 10 car quick loader stinger with United Road hauling cars trucks and SUVs.
New year in car hauling their pushed everyone trying to get rid of the inventory I work up north from late Nov to April then home to enjoy the hobbies which I have a few.. High speed bass boat , pontoon, one ATV one is being traded on this bike, and that stay young toy Mike Bos Rear end dragster, Even the dodge 3500 is tricked so ask away and post a picture of what you have your not off topicing me this thread is for fun., where you got it what price you paid for it and your never busting my thread, tickled for the help ideas and side comments.

Not new to riding, had several bikes in the past coolest one was the Kawasaki ZL1000 I'll stick a old picture of that on here later, and what I use to carry it around in but nothing like this 1600 so you guys are the pros i'm learning.

Names Luke , live outside of Elizabeth City NC on the Little River so if your in the area that would be great I don't know anyone yet to ride with but dolling this thing up for that reason I'm hoping will be fun. Do have a custom ATV trailer Im thinking I can haul at least 3 full size bikes in so set there.

On the bike, local guy stuck it on the internet swap shop we have around the house, I seen it ask him to hold it till I got home which was the whole month almost seen it the first few days after I left. He friend-ed me on facebook and I seen a post he put in there for someone else he was looking for a ATV. Jumped all over that like white on rice........LOL
The bike is not in really good shape, guys ,, its MINT. Looks like it come right off the show room floor not a chip, scratch rock PING anyways, 16000 miles you'll can look at the pictures see the add ones >$3500.00 The ATVs I have are almost new, Long story on why im' selling the one that I won't go into . LOL owe about 5700 on the smaller 450 i'm trading , he's bringing me the bike Sunday, paying me 2200 cash I get the bike he gets the ATV.
So you know the deal on how now, and i'm tickled with how this thing worked out.

1. First question, will the stuff off the 1700s fit on the 1600s. I'm a e bay nut and see tons of stuff for the 1700s but not nearly so for the 1600s.
2. Second,, the plug in aftermarket boxes that up the power/torque like 10% have any of you used one and can you really feel the difference and if you would like mentioned let me know what you have or what you know someone else has. This is all new to me.
3. Touring trunks and wrap around seats for the ladies on the back. Went in the gallery I LIKE some of you guys bikes so if you have a trunk back there and wrap around seat please post a good close up picture and TALK.!! Let me know what kind ect, ect.
LOL
4. Bat wings for the front with and without stereo. You see the windshield but want to get that hand protection of the wider wing and thinking very serious stereo and back speakers under the touring trunk.
5. This thing comes with Vance and Hynes pipes. Here is that dumb question I mentioned. Can you get baffles for those things. There all the way back but right loud. just wondering.
6. What fuel millage are you guys seeing with yours. Again,new guy and gal that own it said about 45 mpg I know that old ZL1000 didn't get by about 23 mpg.
7. LEDs on bikes. If you have a picture of some LED strips you have installed post some photos please. I'm not going to go crazy but have seen where a little high light here and there to me anyway. Really looks good.

Was sponsored by Bluewater LED in the racing for two years, trailer is LIT UP but thats off road and we have trailer wars seeing who can outdo the others . Its all in fun.

Might take me a day or so at times to get back to you sometimes I'll type a bible if I like a idea and have the time to get on but loved the color of the bike got to figure out how to paint the trunk and wing like mentioned, got a idea, fire away. Hearing ideas on the other hobbies and forum i'm on has opened a lot of doors in how I tinkered with my mess on those toys.

In case any of you are on other hobby forums I've run into several with other hobbies, im on THE HULL TRUTH boating forum, Bass boat Central, pontoon boat forum, Polaris ATV forum, RamZ and Cummins Fourm and drag race results.

Here she is.

[/URL]



Last edited by LittleRiver; 03-03-2017 at 12:57 PM.
LittleRiver is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 01:26 PM
Top Contributor
 
1barron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boyne City MI
Posts: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRiver View Post
First thing I notice was this forum is really slow, almost riding weather going to be posting pictures as I go so seriously> throw stuff at me you think I might be interested in i'm a customizing nut, I might not know what your talking about but thats why the introduction and wanting to learn so any ideas guys,, fired it on me. If you have old parts your not using changed something let me know what you have to. I'm going to ask a lot of questions some dumb I"m sure some might trip you up but it don't take me long once I buy something like this to have it tricked out.

Right now I travel with the job, Hauling cars in the Detriot to Chicago area back and forth just got home yesterday been up there a month motels every night so its not so bad. Run a 10 car quick loader stinger with United Road hauling cars trucks and SUVs.
New year in car hauling their pushed everyone trying to get rid of the inventory I work up north from late Nov to April then home to enjoy the hobbies which I have a few.. High speed bass boat , pontoon, one ATV one is being traded on this bike, and that stay young toy Mike Bos Rear end dragster, Even the dodge 3500 is tricked so ask away and post a picture of what you have your not off topicing me this thread is for fun., where you got it what price you paid for it and your never busting my thread, tickled for the help ideas and side comments.

Not new to riding, had several bikes in the past coolest one was the Kawasaki ZL1000 I'll stick a old picture of that on here later, and what I use to carry it around in but nothing like this 1600 so you guys are the pros i'm learning.

Names Luke , live outside of Elizabeth City NC on the Little River so if your in the area that would be great I don't know anyone yet to ride with but dolling this thing up for that reason I'm hoping will be fun. Do have a custom ATV trailer Im thinking I can haul at least 3 full size bikes in so set there.

On the bike, local guy stuck it on the internet swap shop we have around the house, I seen it ask him to hold it till I got home which was the whole month almost seen it the first few days after I left. He friend-ed me on facebook and I seen a post he put in there for someone else he was looking for a ATV. Jumped all over that like white on rice........LOL
The bike is not in really good shape, guys ,, its MINT. Looks like it come right off the show room floor not a chip, scratch rock PING anyways, 16000 miles you'll can look at the pictures see the add ones >$3500.00 The ATVs I have are almost new, Long story on why im' selling the one that I won't go into . LOL owe about 5700 on the smaller 450 i'm trading , he's bringing me the bike Sunday, paying me 2200 cash I get the bike he gets the ATV.
So you know the deal on how now, and i'm tickled with how this thing worked out.

1. First question, will the stuff off the 1700s fit on the 1600s. I'm a e bay nut and see tons of stuff for the 1700s but not nearly so for the 1600s.
2. Second,, the plug in aftermarket boxes that up the power/torque like 10% have any of you used one and can you really feel the difference and if you would like mentioned let me know what you have or what you know someone else has. This is all new to me.
3. Touring trunks and wrap around seats for the ladies on the back. Went in the gallery I LIKE some of you guys bikes so if you have a trunk back there and wrap around seat please post a good close up picture and TALK.!! Let me know what kind ect, ect.
LOL
4. Bat wings for the front with and without stereo. You see the windshield but want to get that hand protection of the wider wing and thinking very serious stereo and back speakers under the touring trunk.
5. This thing comes with Vance and Hynes pipes. Here is that dumb question I mentioned. Can you get baffles for those things. There all the way back but right loud. just wondering.
6. What fuel millage are you guys seeing with yours. Again,new guy and gal that own it said about 45 mpg I know that old ZL1000 didn't get by about 23 mpg.
7. LEDs on bikes. If you have a picture of some LED strips you have installed post some photos please. I'm not going to go crazy but have seen where a little high light here and there to me anyway. Really looks good.

Was sponsored by Bluewater LED in the racing for two years, trailer is LIT UP but thats off road and we have trailer wars seeing who can outdo the others . Its all in fun.

Might take me a day or so at times to get back to you sometimes I'll type a bible if I like a idea and have the time to get on but loved the color of the bike got to figure out how to paint the trunk and wing like mentioned, got a idea, fire away. Hearing ideas on the other hobbies and forum i'm on has opened a lot of doors in how I tinkered with my mess on those toys.

In case any of you are on other hobby forums I've run into several with other hobbies, im on THE HULL TRUTH boating forum, Bass boat Central, pontoon boat forum, Polaris ATV forum, RamZ and Cummins Fourm and drag race results.

Here she is.

[/URL]



I have an 07 1600 Mean Streak very similar to the 1600 Classic.

Unfortunately not much from the 1700 will fit your 1600 it is much closer to the 1500 but you would have to check with the manufacture for fitment.

You may be able to trade the V&H pipes for stock 1600s they will be much quieter.
Last season I averaged 41.6 MPG. (I monitor it each year, a change in MPG could signal a need for service.)

As to the other items I do not have any personal experience. I hope this is some help.

1600 Mean Streak

“Not all those who wander are lost.” Tolkien
1barron is offline  
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
LittleRiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Elizabeth City NC
Year/Make/Model: 2006
Displacement/CC's: 1600
Color: Red and Silver
Gender: Male
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1barron View Post
I have an 07 1600 Mean Streak very similar to the 1600 Classic.

Unfortunately not much from the 1700 will fit your 1600 it is much closer to the 1500 but you would have to check with the manufacture for fitment.

You may be able to trade the V&H pipes for stock 1600s they will be much quieter.
Last season I averaged 41.6 MPG. (I monitor it each year, a change in MPG could signal a need for service.)

As to the other items I do not have any personal experience. I hope this is some help.
Yes sir it did and thanks. Just got back from our local Kawasaki dealership he won't much help at all but he never is. LOL He didn't know of any touring trunk that was out there so didn't even mentioned the bat front. so e bay and maybe a web sight you guys know if will be how I order them. He has the bags for it but I have not seen them said they were at his sons house, she said they were leather.
LittleRiver is offline  
 
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 03:24 PM
CRU
Senior Member
 
CRU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Seminole County, FL
Displacement/CC's: 1600
Gender: Male
Posts: 331
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRiver View Post
1. First question, will the stuff off the 1700s fit on the 1600s. I'm a e bay nut and see tons of stuff for the 1700s but not nearly so for the 1600s.
2. Second,, the plug in aftermarket boxes that up the power/torque like 10% have any of you used one and can you really feel the difference and if you would like mentioned let me know what you have or what you know someone else has. This is all new to me.
3. Touring trunks and wrap around seats for the ladies on the back. Went in the gallery I LIKE some of you guys bikes so if you have a trunk back there and wrap around seat please post a good close up picture and TALK.!! Let me know what kind ect, ect.
LOL
4. Bat wings for the front with and without stereo. You see the windshield but want to get that hand protection of the wider wing and thinking very serious stereo and back speakers under the touring trunk.
5. This thing comes with Vance and Hynes pipes. Here is that dumb question I mentioned. Can you get baffles for those things. There all the way back but right loud. just wondering.
6. What fuel millage are you guys seeing with yours. Again,new guy and gal that own it said about 45 mpg I know that old ZL1000 didn't get by about 23 mpg.
7. LEDs on bikes. If you have a picture of some LED strips you have installed post some photos please. I'm not going to go crazy but have seen where a little high light here and there to me anyway. Really looks good.
1. Nope. As mentioned, look into the 1500's instead.

2. I assume you are referring to the fuel management modules like Cobra fi2000 and Dynojet Power Commander. With an aftermarket exhaust and air intake, you can feel a difference. But to truly get everything out of one, you'd have to get it dyno tuned by a pro shop.

3. Can't help ya there.

4. Not my thing, but to each his own.

5. Yes. Those are V&H Big Shots. For quieter baffles, you really only have two options. V&H sells a quiet baffle kit (#21301) and the other option is Smartpartz Hard Kore Baffles. There's plenty of youtube stuff on both.

6. Low 40's sounds about right. Depends on how heavy your hand is.

7. Google is your friend.

2008 Mean Streak Candy Fire Red
Vance & Hines Big Shots Staggered exhaust
Dyno tuned Power Commander III & K&N air filter
Corbin Young Guns saddle/Kawi Fire & Steel "Touring" Double saddle
Mapam forward controls
Kuryakyn Constellation LED driving lights w/turn signals
Kuryakyn ISO grips w/stiletto end caps
Kawi OEM backrest
Kawi Fire & Steel windshield
Bad Ace Billet handlebar risers
Signal Dynamics BackOFF XP brake light module
Tourmaster Coaster tool bag
CRU is offline  
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 05:25 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
LittleRiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Elizabeth City NC
Year/Make/Model: 2006
Displacement/CC's: 1600
Color: Red and Silver
Gender: Male
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRU View Post
1. Nope. As mentioned, look into the 1500's instead.

2. I assume you are referring to the fuel management modules like Cobra fi2000 and Dynojet Power Commander. With an aftermarket exhaust and air intake, you can feel a difference. But to truly get everything out of one, you'd have to get it dyno tuned by a pro shop.

3. Can't help ya there.

4. Not my thing, but to each his own.

5. Yes. Those are V&H Big Shots. For quieter baffles, you really only have two options. V&H sells a quiet baffle kit (#21301) and the other option is Smartpartz Hard Kore Baffles. There's plenty of youtube stuff on both.

6. Low 40's sounds about right. Depends on how heavy your hand is.

7. Google is your friend.
Thats how I learn, you posted V&H had baffles jumped on that, its a different number for the long ones like I have, but found them. 90 dollars on e bay. Thank you sir......
and Bingo on 7....... I use google for everything. If its not on you tube or google it ain't been built yet.......LOL

Power commander,, yes sir. If any of you know a shop that is not to far from me that tunes I'd be very interested in talking with them. NC SC or VA.
LittleRiver is offline  
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 03:14 PM
Senior Member
 
alwhite00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Michigan
Year/Make/Model: Nomad
Displacement/CC's: 1500
Color: red
Gender: Male
Posts: 190
Garage
https://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/7...g-noglide.html

Read thru this thread. Harley fairing and Valkyrie tour pack. Wife loves the backrest. I custom made the rack for the trunk out of stainless.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
alwhite00 is offline  
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 05:16 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
LittleRiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Elizabeth City NC
Year/Make/Model: 2006
Displacement/CC's: 1600
Color: Red and Silver
Gender: Male
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
https://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/7...g-noglide.html

Read thru this thread. Harley fairing and Valkyrie tour pack. Wife loves the backrest. I custom made the rack for the trunk out of stainless.
Ordered a lot of stuff yesterday off e bay, found my saddle bags this morning will have to have them paint matched lease their on the way.
I'm not that creative with metal. I can drill it, paint it, but thats about it. Going to have to buy that mount.

Last edited by LittleRiver; 03-05-2017 at 07:26 AM.
LittleRiver is offline  
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 12:28 PM
Junior Member
 
mwheue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Everett, Washington
Year/Make/Model: 2009 Kawasaki Vulcan
Displacement/CC's: 900
Gender: Male
Posts: 3
Garage
Fairing and bags... . tsukayu.com
mwheue is offline  
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
LittleRiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Elizabeth City NC
Year/Make/Model: 2006
Displacement/CC's: 1600
Color: Red and Silver
Gender: Male
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheue View Post
Fairing and bags... . tsukayu.com
Thanks for the link, I found you guys talking about the bat wing back several years age and name of the place I seen them is The Trailer Place. they sell them for 225 where you can put your own stereo in but does anyone know if their product is the same as Tsukayu cause Tsukayu is a whole lot higher. Just wondering?
LittleRiver is offline  
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
LittleRiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Elizabeth City NC
Year/Make/Model: 2006
Displacement/CC's: 1600
Color: Red and Silver
Gender: Male
Posts: 50
Ordered the bat wing through the trailer place. With hardwear it was 288 with the stereo holes and single 6x9 speakers. I'm right sharp on stereo stuff so want to install my own.
MVA-Voyager likes this.
LittleRiver is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Friend's new toy. DaSiver Vulcan 900 5 03-25-2012 10:07 PM
Well, looks like the last new toy I'll be getting for the year! DaSiver Vulcan 900 2 08-11-2011 07:25 PM
Got a new toy!!! gillisfire20 Vulcan 900 7 06-17-2011 10:44 PM
New boy with a new toy just wants to say hi cookie74 New Member Introductions 4 04-16-2011 04:39 PM
Brought home new toy today WaterfowlWidowMaker New Riders 30 09-29-2009 12:25 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome