Fairing choice - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

Fairing choice

I've researched these a bit both here and on the web. Looking for a bat wing fairing to cut down on buffeting and to cover the hands. Any pictures would be appreciated. What choice have you made?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 12:45 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2004 Vulcan Classic
Displacement/CC's: 1600
Color: Metallic Canyon Silver ( it's not Mauve dammit)
too many variables, first question, do you want tunes?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 08:28 PM

Year/Make/Model: 06 Vulcan Classic
Color: Black
I just installed a shadow bat wing fairing on my 06 1600 classic. The fairing I ordered was for a 01-05 1500...oops. Easy to cut new brackets and paint them black though so everything is good. It was less than half of the price of a memphis shades, however there is some cleaning up to do. Mostly just sanding down some edges that stick out too far where the 2 pieces meet. But hey it was 300 bucks for the fairing with a stereo and two 6x9 cut outs. It also came with 2 free windshields one clear one smoked. I'm not a naked rider and didn't care for the wind trying to knock my glasses off so a bought a 7 dollar piece of plexi glass and cut it to give me a 12 inch windshield rather than the 7 inch ones it came with.

I don't mind doing a little work to save a few hundred bucks so I am really happy with it. I will get some pics up, please excuse the dirty bike there's some fiberglass powder I haven't washed off yet from filing the speaker and stereo holes out a little bigger.

Now if I can just find a bag that will fit on the fairing. I didn't realize how much I used my windshield bag until I took it off.

Edit: The pictures. http://imgur.com/a/kJRcU

Again please excuse the dirty bike I promise shes not neglected, just impossible to keep clean with harvest going on theres a ton of dust in the air. The inside picture makes the larger windshield look silly, it's just the angle i took it from. Again I payed less than half the price of more reputable brands so having to clean up the edges and widen the cutouts a mm or so was no problem at all. For anyone thinking of making their own windshields I don't recommend plexi glass unless you are on a tight budget. The better thing to use is lexan. A bit more expensive but its tougher, not as easy to scratch, and UV resistant....same stuff most motorcycle windshields are made of. I learned this after making the plexiglass windshield.

A mind needs a book as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.- Tyrion Lannister

Last edited by Shakesfear; 06-14-2016 at 08:55 PM. Reason: added link to pictures

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

Looks great. Do you have a web site? As for tunes, Yes. Also would need room to mount some gauges. Thanks all.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 08:22 PM

Year/Make/Model: 06 Vulcan Classic
Color: Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdhunter02 View Post
Looks great. Do you have a web site? As for tunes, Yes. Also would need room to mount some gauges. Thanks all.

Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad 1500 Batwing Fairing 1999 2004 2 of 6x9" | eBay

That's the same one I bought. Not a lot of room for gauges depending on how big they are.

A mind needs a book as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.- Tyrion Lannister
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

Thanks. I've been looking at that one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode