Caddman Aftermath - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 12:09 AM Thread Starter

Year/Make/Model: 2007 Nomad
Displacement/CC's: 1600 cc
Color: Black/titanium
Engine "flutter"

Okay guys, need your experience and expert thoughts here. I've got an 07 Nomad 1600 with a little over 33K that I just did the dual Caddman on. It was very easy even for a non-wrencher like me but I have a question. At low and mid-range acceleration it sounds awesome and at steady throttle at all speeds purrs like a kitten on steroids. Under upper mid to heavy acceleration I'm getting an airy fluttering sound on the right side. It's not the overt metallic clanging that I've heard used to describe pinging so I don't THINK that's it but I'm not sure. Like I said, it's more of a fluttering than a knocking sound. I removed both solenoids, marblized it, capped the two vacuum ports, and blocked the left side intake port. I thought it may be due to the newly lean mix from the increased air flow so I bumped up the mid and high range mixes on my PCIII. That seemed to help but the flutter is still there every time I get on it. Is this just the nature of the beautiful beast or am I missing something? I have never had the mapping checked or a dyno run on the bike since I bought her so am planning on that in the not-too-distant future but want to dial it in the best I can myself before then, especially if it's likely to harm it before the map job. I appreciate any input you can provide...thanks in advance!

“When I die, I desire no better winding sheet than the Stars and Stripes, and no softer pillow than the Constitution of my country.”

~Andrew Johnson

Last edited by SkimSniper; 05-15-2016 at 01:00 AM. Reason: No replies / title change
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-29-2016, 10:40 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic
Displacement/CC's: 1600
Color: Metallic Beige
I am new to the Vulcans, but if you still have your crankcase breather hose going in the airbox / aircleaner that maybe the source of your fluttering sound. Kind of a "ffffftt ffftt fffttt ffftt" sound?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-02-2016, 04:11 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2004 Vulcan Classic
Displacement/CC's: 1600
Color: Metallic Canyon Silver ( it's not Mauve dammit)
What he said /\
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode