Do V & H Longshots have removable Baffles - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 08:54 AM Thread Starter

Year/Make/Model: 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic
Displacement/CC's: 1600
Color: Black
Do V & H Longshots have removable Baffles

I got my bike with vance & hines longshots already on it. Don't get me wrong, it sounds amazing but it is missing that deceleration crackle that i have heard on others. What I have read is that even the long shots have baffles in them which take away from that crackle. Do they really have baffles and if so can i remove them safely and how? I really thought the longshots where pretty much straight pipes already but again I am new with this cruiser thing. Thanks!

Correction: I don't know why i keep saying longshots. It actually has bigshots installed.

I've put down many hard miles carving corners, but now it's time to just sit back, relax and enjoy the scenery!

Last edited by Daniel DiMaggio; 04-22-2016 at 09:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

Year/Make/Model: 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic
For example listen to the first 10 seconds of this video. When he shifts there is a crackle sound mine does not have. Not sure of his brand pipes because it does not say but what i have heard is it is baffles removing this sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY2vbKZ7vuI

I've put down many hard miles carving corners, but now it's time to just sit back, relax and enjoy the scenery!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 05:26 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2007 Nomad
Garage
no baffles on that bike, the tin sound is what you get without baffles or has you say crackle sound. I do not know if your pipes have baffles but if you remove them it will sound like that. if you put stove pipe around the baffles all the way and cover all the vent looking holes, it will be lower with more rumble. if you just wrap the baffle 1/2 way, the front 1/2 you will get louder with a rumble but still no crackle.

07, Nomad, Fairing, 4 speakers, AM/FM USB/GPS, Cell holder/charger, Throttle lock, 13" Handlebars/Grips, Head Light Modulator, 1 off seat w/backrest, V and H pipes, Intake K and N 9" filters, Cobra FI Processor, Side rails on bags, leather covers w/pockets on rear bag guards. Sometimes have Rear trunk on 1 off rack or bag in place of rear seat, Foot pegs, hard 1 off lowers on engine guard, Wolo horn, fork lowers. Black with some chrome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode