Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Driving lights on constantly

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Powerstroker 
#1 ·
Hi all

When I turn the bike on the driving lights come on automatically and only switch off when I turn the ignition off. On my previous bike ( Vulcan Classic 1500) there was a switch on the lights-so could turn off when not required.As I'm almost clueless when it comes to electrical stuff-no I didn't set my Vulcan on fire when I tried to self wire the driving lights-that's pure hearsay !! can anyone point me in the right direction and tell me what I need to do in order to get a toggle switch going.
cheers

#3 ·
+1 on V2K_Rod's illustration. Looks more complicated than it is. Identify the hot(power supply)wire. Cut and add an on off switch where you want it.

I have a question though, why turn the driving lights off ....ever? I have three bikes with driving lights on them and I never want them off while I am riding them,EVER! That is why they are there, to make me more visible to everyone ahead of me. The power of three is strong.

#10 ·
I wired my driving/running lights to also come on when the ignition is on. They are small led's mounted on the bottom bolt of the lowers so draw very little power. Used as running lights during day, driving lights at night. Wired to a toggle switch on the bars I can either have them on or low beam- not both. They are on on high beam which is what I usually ride with in daytime. Also replaced headlight globe with H4 to improve chances of being seen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.