whats a pcmiii and do I need one? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

Year/Make/Model: 2006 Nomad
Displacement/CC's: 1600
Color: black
whats a pcmiii and do I need one?

I read that if I put vance and hines dual baggers, and a k&n air filter, I need som sort of pcmiii? I dont know what a pcmiii is is if I need one...

I do have v&h pipes to put on a I just today ordered a k&n air filter replacement for the stock one...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

Here's the thread..
Vance & hines Bagger exhaust HELP 07 Nomad - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

Last edited by eg78; 11-30-2015 at 08:35 PM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 11:29 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2007 Nomad
Color: Black
Garage
The PCIII or PCMII they are talking about is for fuel management. They go on to stay if you change the pipes, air intake then you need a PCMII (they mis-spell it, should be PCII). You are just doing the pipes and replacing your stock filter with a K and N, so you do not need the fuel management (or any type). Now with that said. I would add a Cobra FI2000r which is a fuel management system, that way when you replace the stock air intake (and the replacement stock K and N filter) you will have nothing to due.
from the Cobra web site:
Cobra Fi2000 PowrPro Tuner
Details
Free yourself from confusing downloads, inaccurate maps, and intrusive oxygen sensors with Cobra’s Fi2000R PowerPro Tuner Digital Fuel Processor to get tremendous power and constant fuel metering.

Cobra has changed the world of fuel injection calibration completely with the Fi2000R and their Continuously Variable Tuning (CVT) technology. Previously, your options for fuel tuning revolved around downloadable maps, maps with preset areas of adjustment, and dealing with finicky sensors; all of which you had to guess and check to get dialed in. Now, Cobra has utilized smart chip technology and excellent computer engineering to create a fuel tuner that monitors your fueling up to 80 times per second. Per second. That is constant monitoring. Every twist of the throttle, every shift, every change in elevation is monitored in order to create the maximum amount of power at that exact moment. No more external adjustments, no dyno runs, no more guessing on tuning settings for aftermarket parts.

07, Nomad, Fairing, 4 speakers, AM/FM USB/GPS, Cell holder/charger, Throttle lock, 13" Handlebars/Grips, Head Light Modulator, 1 off seat w/backrest, V and H pipes, Intake K and N 9" filters, Cobra FI Processor, Side rails on bags, leather covers w/pockets on rear bag guards. Sometimes have Rear trunk on 1 off rack or bag in place of rear seat, Foot pegs, hard 1 off lowers on engine guard, Wolo horn, fork lowers. Black with some chrome.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, don't think I'll get one for now...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 07:38 PM

If your just changing the stock filter with another off brand stock type filter than you don't need one. If you are changing to a higher flow filter like the cone types or cobra than you will need
one. You do not need if you are changing the exhaust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode