Air cleaner covers - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 07:09 AM Thread Starter

Air cleaner covers

I am looking to buy some air cleaner covers. The plain stock air cover dishes on my 2008 Nomad are just that ... plain. I am interested in buying replacement covers or some other ideas to cover up the the screw in the middle of the dish. I am not interested now in replacing the air cleaner, just doing a "make-up" fix. I am a conservative type guy so skulls don't really appeal to me.( I DON'T want flowers either)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-21-2015, 02:41 PM
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockkid View Post
I am looking to buy some air cleaner covers. The plain stock air cover dishes on my 2008 Nomad are just that ... plain. I am interested in buying replacement covers or some other ideas to cover up the the screw in the middle of the dish. I am not interested now in replacing the air cleaner, just doing a "make-up" fix. I am a conservative type guy so skulls don't really appeal to me.( I DON'T want flowers either)
nobody makes covers for stock air cleaners, your best would be a stick on metal "live to ride, ride to live" kind of badge, but you have to take it off again each time you do maintenance.
Or, use some JB weld and stick a small cue ball or other ornament to the bolt end

Sunny Bob
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 08:08 PM

Garage
Not sure I can name the place to get them made, don't want to break no rules. Shoot me a PM & I will tell you of someone that makes custom cover to your wildest imagination. His work is top notch also.

03 1600 Classic
Highway Bar / with foot pegs
Cobra Speedster Slash/down Motorcycle Exhaust
Mustang 2up seat w/ driver & passenger Backrest
Windshield
New Viking Hard Leather Saddle Bags
Cobra Fi2000R Digital Fuel Processor
K&N Air Cleaner
Driver & Passenger floorboards
Kuryakyn ISO-Grips
Baron Bullet Tachometer 1" Black Face
Progressive 412 rearshocks & Progressive front Fork Springs
4 X 2/back Risers
New SealSkin Bike cover

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-06-2015, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfBreed View Post
Not sure I can name the place to get them made, don't want to break no rules. Shoot me a PM & I will tell you of someone that makes custom cover to your wildest imagination. His work is top notch also.
Yep. Quality stuff. He's my buddy and neighbor. He doesn't currently make replacement dogbowl covers. Pick up a second set of dogbowls for cheap on eBay, send them to him for paint and some custom graphics. If interested, PM me and I'll provide his contact info and send you some example pics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode