Finally warming up! - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Finally warming up!

Living in the frozen north ain't for the faint of heart.... several feet of snow, howling wind, temps where Fahrenheit and Celsius touch......
But yesterday...., yesterday we reached double digits in degrees C, so about 50F.... RIDING WEATHER! So far today, we have only just cleared frost, but there is hope now and I am charging the batteries for my bikes as I type lol.. In another Forum I had lamented that I had not pulled a trigger on any boom stick in over 100 days, waaaay to cold for an olde guy. Yesterday, jacketed hollowpoints were flying! Both wrists are sore and my "sight eye" is still jiggling from the Lapua Mag concussion BUT, I definitely feel that spring is finally here Once the batteries are topped up, heading out the the storage unit to drop them in and fire the bikes to circulate some oil..... Still a little icy in spots to safely ride but you gotta be ready and grab every day you can here..

2004 VN2000
V&H Pipes
BAK, Mustang Seats, Scootworks Tour Trunk
HD Softail lowers, Memphis shield
Darkside Falken Zeix 205/65/16 rear, Bridgestone Excedra Max front
2008 900C as barhopper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANAD View Post
Living in the frozen north ain't for the faint of heart.... several feet of snow, howling wind, temps where Fahrenheit and Celsius touch......
But yesterday...., yesterday we reached double digits in degrees C, so about 50F.... RIDING WEATHER! So far today, we have only just cleared frost, but there is hope now and I am charging the batteries for my bikes as I type lol.. In another Forum I had lamented that I had not pulled a trigger on any boom stick in over 100 days, waaaay to cold for an olde guy. Yesterday, jacketed hollowpoints were flying! Both wrists are sore and my "sight eye" is still jiggling from the Lapua Mag concussion BUT, I definitely feel that spring is finally here Once the batteries are topped up, heading out the the storage unit to drop them in and fire the bikes to circulate some oil..... Still a little icy in spots to safely ride but you gotta be ready and grab every day you can here..
Yes here in the Ottawa, Ontario are we have not yet hit any double digits. Still -15 C at night maybe +2 today. There have been a few days of maybe +5 or 6 which if i could get out of my frozen lane way, I would have gone out. I just need about 6 inches thick of ice in my lane way to melt....
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 12:44 PM
Top Contributor

Yup, getting the real itch here. Generally, the roads are pretty clear of salt and sand. About the only thing really stopping me is the moat that has formed between the garage and street.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 04:01 PM
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012

Garage
It's (at 4pm) 66F and blue sky where I am

Yes, I'm a Chrome Whore.

2004 Vulcan 2000
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Got up to 70F here today, global warming at its finest.... Snow melting, water running, 04 V2K blazing down the highway..... Once the lifters quit ticking and it seemed to have oil overywhere it is supposed to be I took the big bike for a run, in March, in northwestern Canada..... You won't be able to wipe the smile off my face with a sledgehammer for DAYS! Wife just came in and gave me "the look" but after 43 years I think I am immune to the effects
magicgrotto and tew47 like this.

2004 VN2000
V&H Pipes
BAK, Mustang Seats, Scootworks Tour Trunk
HD Softail lowers, Memphis shield
Darkside Falken Zeix 205/65/16 rear, Bridgestone Excedra Max front
2008 900C as barhopper
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 05:20 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2009 Kawasaki Classic LT
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Green & Silver
How far "south of Houston" ??
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 05:54 PM
Top Contributor

It might get to 50F this weekend, but that'll probably just make the moat bigger. 😞
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 07:21 PM

I am so ready to ride. The sun feels warm but the air is still too cold! I saw i guy wearing work coveralls filling up his Honda that he just purchased !
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 08:09 PM
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tynker View Post
How far "south of Houston" ??
Texas City.

Rosharon hey? I ride thru there every once in awhile.

Yes, I'm a Chrome Whore.

2004 Vulcan 2000
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 05:09 AM
END OF YEAR BIKE 2018 Winner

Year/Make/Model: 2006 Classic LT (Buffy)
Displacement/CC's: 903
Color: Blue/Silver/Chrome
Garage
Trust me, you guys up north don't own the deep freeze. We're just now hitting the 50's here in Nebraska. Plus we just had a storm of the century and flooding we aren't done with yet.

But...riding weather is upon us. The wife takes great delight every morning as I sip coffee and scour the weather predictions, proclaiming riding season is nigh upon us!

Buffy is ready to go! I would take her out for a short ride today except that it's the wifes Birthday and...well, you know.

Man! I love riding!

...On a Steel Horse I ride...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode