Heeding advice - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By DANAD

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Heeding advice

Some time ago in an effort to assist another forum user, I posted some pics of my modified passenger floorboards. A sharp-eyed viewer noticed a crack in one of the modified mounting brackets and suggested that I get it repaired...... As seniors go, I am pretty with it on most things but I forgot this particular piece of advice... Wifey and I were on a quick trip to the mountains for breakfast and that damn floorboard broke off on the 4-lane. I saw it cartwheel and catapult into the weeds so we pulled into a turning lane, retraced our movements and then parked on the side of the road. I found it after only a half mile of walking, beat up a bit but still all in one piece. I had just recently taken my tool pouch off the bike because it was rubbing the paint so....... I called for my son to run some tools out to me and while we were waiting, a kind old dude on a spankin new BMW pulled up. He had the right metrics so I was able to pull the modified mount off and jerry-rig the floorboard back on. After calling my son off, Wifey and I offered to buy the Samaritan breakfast but he was enjoying the bright northern sunshine (a rarity) and declined. We continued on our journey without further incident and enjoyed the day as well. In the time we were on the side of the road at least 60 bikes passed us heading toward the mountains and only the one stopped. While we were thanking that rider after we had done our "repairs", another old biker that was headed east pulled into a turn lane and came west to make sure we were ok as well. I am not saying "OLD" as a slur mind you, more of a realization that the courtesy that I have known and shown my entire bike riding life now seems to be lost on the younger generation. So two lessons learned..... Check your ride and and help when you can
smedlin and gwstang like this.

2004 VN2000
V&H Pipes
BAK, Mustang Seats, Scootworks Tour Trunk
HD Softail lowers, Memphis shield
Darkside Falken Zeix 205/65/16 rear, Bridgestone Excedra Max front
2008 900C as barhopper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode