Differences in V2K models for BAK - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-29-2018, 09:12 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Differences in V2K models for BAK

Good day folks, long time no chat.
I'm looking at swapping out my Kurakyn Hypercharger for a Baron Customs BAK. I'm tired of sitting around the damn thing, and I'm turning into Shakira: These hips don't lie.......lol.
My question is this:Here in Canuck-land, the best price I've found is on Amazon, but when I pick the one with the cover I like it tells me that it will not fit my version of the V2K (I have the classic Ltd.), IS there a difference between the intake mounting configuration for the VN2000F (which mine apparently is) vs the VN2000A?
What I find weird is the one I want (inferno) only fits the VN2000A but the one that does show fitting my bike by model (plain chrome) fits all of them....VN2000A/D/E/F....etc. It sees odd that one BAK fits all but the others don't.
It could be an amazon thing, but I don't want to blow $80 ordering the damn thing and have to swap it.

06 V2K Classic Lt
HardKrome Big Straights
Kurakyn Hypercharger Intake
Dynojet Power Commander 3
Mustang seats.......
Therapy on 2 wheels with a comfy seat...

Due to cutbacks, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-29-2018, 10:07 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2007 Kawasaki Vulcan Custom
Displacement/CC's: VN 900
Color: Chrome, Black, Silver & Grey
Garage
@TrentonC

Any type of air cleaner can fit on any type of bike, all that makes the differences are the backing plate or base bracket. If you're a handy man just buy the air cleaner you want and make up a bracket for yourself to bolt it on, thats how fabricators that fully customised rides do it.
Typically by getting the right air cleaner kit for your type of bike, just basically means that the manufacture gave you all the parts to make the swap/conversion easier, so a person can just bolt off the old one and bolt on the new one without any fuss that arent mechanical/fabricated minded, so its no big deal really.

Cheers,
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-29-2018, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Thanks, I'm just being lazy and impatient. I want to plug n play without any thought or exertion..... Lol

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

06 V2K Classic Lt
HardKrome Big Straights
Mustang seats.......

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 01:39 AM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: V2K Does it matter what year??
Displacement/CC's: A Shitload
Color: Black+Gun Metal
Garage
To my knowledge, the difference between models is only in accessories (seat, floorboards, backrests, bags, etc), I do not believe the air intake is any different or that the support points are placed differently.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
salu2
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Chanoc
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 06:06 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Thanks, that's kind of what I thought. My gut tells me the engine itself doesn't change, and neither should the attachments. It just struck me as odd........

06 V2K Classic Lt
HardKrome Big Straights
Mustang seats.......

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 09:34 PM
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanoc1077 View Post
To my knowledge, the difference between models is only in accessories (seat, floorboards, backrests, bags, etc), I do not believe the air intake is any different or that the support points are placed differently.
The only "functional" difference in the models is the head light..which affects some things like fairings, shields, lowers.

Other than that, the models are all the same. Some come with bags, some dont, etc.

Now, the YEAR of the model may affect a few things, specially for the 04, which was the first year.

(example, the rear brake line is different for the 04. The rear downtube was changed in mid-05.. etc etc)

But stuff like Air filters, all the same.

(note, Cali models do differ )

Yes, I'm a Chrome Whore.

2004 Vulcan 2000
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 09:36 PM
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentonC View Post
Good day folks, long time no chat.
I'm looking at swapping out my Kurakyn Hypercharger for a Baron Customs BAK. I'm tired of sitting around the damn thing, and I'm turning into Shakira: These hips don't lie.......lol.
My question is this:Here in Canuck-land, the best price I've found is on Amazon, but when I pick the one with the cover I like it tells me that it will not fit my version of the V2K (I have the classic Ltd.), IS there a difference between the intake mounting configuration for the VN2000F (which mine apparently is) vs the VN2000A?
What I find weird is the one I want (inferno) only fits the VN2000A but the one that does show fitting my bike by model (plain chrome) fits all of them....VN2000A/D/E/F....etc. It sees odd that one BAK fits all but the others don't.
It could be an amazon thing, but I don't want to blow $80 ordering the damn thing and have to swap it.
The kurakyn hypercharge is a piece of crap.

I'm not making that up. It was tested a several (10?) years ago and it actually LIMITED air flow, not increased it (compared to stock intake).

the BAK is one of the better intakes... but $80? You sure about that?

Double check, that may just be for the cover, which came be swapped out.

Yes, I'm a Chrome Whore.

2004 Vulcan 2000
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Thanx Smeddlin, I'm thinking the same thing. Everything I look up tells me they're all show no go. As for the $80.00, that's just the shipping that I'd be out if I have to return one. The price I'm looking at is >400 Canuck-bucks.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

06 V2K Classic Lt
HardKrome Big Straights
Mustang seats.......

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-2018, 10:22 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2008.Kawasaki/VN2000J LT
Displacement/CC's: 2053
Color: Blue/Silver
Garage
TrentonC
I bought one last year for my '08 V2K Classic LT, ordered it from Dennis Kirk. I started the installation but had a problem with mounting the air sensor in the backplate. The adaptor for the air sensor was not the correct part. I called the Dennis Kirk tech guys, they didn't know. I called Baron, they didn't care (they didn't return my call). So I drilled a hole to fit the stem and milled the backside of the plate to fit the shoulder of the plastic air sensor and finished the installation. Everything else went on easily. I really think some one just threw in the wrong parts, so you'll probably be okay. But, just in case, I can send more photos.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5-BAK-Install.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	218562   Click image for larger version

Name:	2-BAK-Install.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	218570   Click image for larger version

Name:	1-BAK-Install.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	218578   Click image for larger version

Name:	3-BAK-Install.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	218586   Click image for larger version

Name:	4-BAK-Install.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	218594  

smedlin likes this.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-2018, 11:30 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2006 V2K
I replaced the silly spike air cleaner intake that came with mine with an Arlen Ness Big Sucker kit. They can still be had in the $200 US range. I found mine as an open box clearance on eBay for CHEAP and when it arrived I found out why- there was no cover. No matter- I did a wrinkle finish black paint job on it and it reasonably matches the finish on our motors. Can't seem to find a picture now so i will post one when I get home this evening.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180502_180351.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	218682  

Last edited by centexv2k; 05-04-2018 at 03:02 PM. Reason: added pic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode