Milky oil - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

Milky oil

So I parked my bike the other day after a ride and milky oil started leaking out of the drain in with the air filter. The oil in the pan still looks good from the dip stick. Any ideas on why or what's wrong? I haven't pulled the tank yet to get to the radiator fill cap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 01:12 AM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: V2K Does it matter what year??
Displacement/CC's: A Shitload
Color: Black+Gun Metal
Garage
Ouch!!! That usually a bad sign.
Mixture of oil and water, question is where is the mixture happening, if the oil in the pan is clear that might point toward something less
serious.
The key would be to start the process of elimination of places where the to liquids are making contact.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
salu2
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Chanoc
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 07:37 PM

Garage
Hello

Had the same thing happen to me. Took it to the dealer and all it was, was oil coming from the air filter. This is normal and will occur over time. After changing the filter, got back to normal.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-31-2018, 09:02 AM
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cailloux View Post
Hello

Had the same thing happen to me. Took it to the dealer and all it was, was oil coming from the air filter. This is normal and will occur over time. After changing the filter, got back to normal.
That's not normal, and will not occur over time.

When oil comes out of the filter, it's cause there is to much oil in the bike..and it's basically over flowing out of the breather.

(and yes, it's HAS happened to most of us.. but still not "normal")

Yes, I'm a Chrome Whore.

2004 Vulcan 2000
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-31-2018, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

I understand that adding too much oil will cause this, but when this happened it read it was low on oil. And it was milky, not just oil. Smoke had started ,just a lil, to develope out of the exhaust. And now there is a puddle about the size of a 50 cent coin of radiator fluid on the ground under her.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-31-2018, 02:10 PM
Premium Member

Year/Make/Model: 2005 Vulcan 2000
Displacement/CC's: 2053
Color: Metallic Ocean Blue
Drider -- based on what you're saying and on a conversation I had with my mechanic when I picked Mo' up from his shop this past Monday, you could be looking at a water pump issue. Mo' apparently has a "weep hole" near/around a water pump gasket that Gabe is a little troubled by. We're seeing small blops of coolant on the engine -- no puddles of any size as of yet -- that give him cause for concern. When the oil comes up for a change again -- early summer -- he's going to pay special attention (he has reassured me that, during the last oil change, there was no coolant in the oil, so this phenom is relatively new). If the gasket by itself is the culprit and can be replaced alone, it's not so pricey. If it's the entire water pump, let's just say that as long as the engine is broken open, why shouldn't we hot rod the hell out of it?! Second mortgage, anyone?!

I am CERTAIN that smedlin or another of the far more mechanically inclined/talented folks on here might have some better, more reassuring words for you. And for me, too...I can always hope!

Victor

No borders, just horizons...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode