Big Power, Big responsibility - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By DANAD

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-25-2017, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Big Power, Big responsibility

We went on a little tour yesterday, mapping a route for the annual Sitting Bull Tavern run. Dropped in on the Silver Buckle Saloon Bike Rally in Wildwood Alberta on the way home. Lots of bikes (300ish), lots of classic cars, lots of fun. Leaving, we were joined by a young fella with a newly upgraded Road Glide 103. He had ridden with me before with his little hotrod 96" and lost badly so he wanted to try with the new alphabet stage 2 chirping chicken bike..... I was riding two up with luggage and, as I have posted before, I am a 300 pounder with a wife that is no ballerina... BUT, a challenge is a challenge I had to dig deep into the V2K gallery of guts, but we still triumphed against a single rider. Wifey was not impressed, having been dragged kicking and screaming into my lifestyle as it was, but she drank the victory drinks when we got to the house anyway.
dvictorh likes this.

2004 VN2000
V&H Pipes
BAK, Mustang Seats, Scootworks Tour Trunk
HD Softail lowers, Memphis shield
Darkside Falken Zeix 205/65/16 rear, Bridgestone Excedra Max front
2008 900C as barhopper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-25-2017, 12:50 PM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2010 NOMAD
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Black/titanium
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANAD View Post
We went on a little tour yesterday, mapping a route for the annual Sitting Bull Tavern run. Dropped in on the Silver Buckle Saloon Bike Rally in Wildwood Alberta on the way home. Lots of bikes (300ish), lots of classic cars, lots of fun. Leaving, we were joined by a young fella with a newly upgraded Road Glide 103. He had ridden with me before with his little hotrod 96" and lost badly so he wanted to try with the new alphabet stage 2 chirping chicken bike..... I was riding two up with luggage and, as I have posted before, I am a 300 pounder with a wife that is no ballerina... BUT, a challenge is a challenge I had to dig deep into the V2K gallery of guts, but we still triumphed against a single rider. Wifey was not impressed, having been dragged kicking and screaming into my lifestyle as it was, but she drank the victory drinks when we got to the house anyway.
All ya can say is,,,NEXT
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-25-2017, 02:39 PM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: V2K Does it matter what year??
Displacement/CC's: A Shitload
Color: Black+Gun Metal
Garage
Why do they even try??

I would not done it with the wife or else she might not gone ridding with me again but I commend you on the feat..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
salu2
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Chanoc

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-25-2017, 03:55 PM
Premium Member

Year/Make/Model: 2005 Vulcan 2000
Displacement/CC's: 2053
Color: Metallic Ocean Blue
Congrats, Danad! I have to agree with chanoc1077 -- why do they even try?

At the grocery this morning, I ran into a fella and his wife puttin' on their helmets as they came out. I grinned and asked him what he rode. He pointed to a shiny black H-D (too far away to see what model, but...) tricked out with fairing, hard bags, lotsa chrome. Nice lookin' ride, I said (and it was). He asked what I rode. I kinda aw, shucks, said a Vulcan 2000. He freaked...couldn't say enough good things fast enough! First time I've experienced that!

Victor

Victor

No borders, just horizons...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-25-2017, 06:41 PM
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012

Garage
the only bike that has ever beat me was a HD

(totally custom though, probably 12 times what I paid for my bike..)

Yes, I'm a Chrome Whore.

2004 Vulcan 2000
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-26-2017, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

There are a couple of guys in town that have shown me their tail lights too, both bikes STARTED out as HD, but have morphed into something else. One of them looks like it was a Dyna at one time or another but is sporting a 124" S&S, and the other has two little bottles on his front frame.... I still tried though, no sense rolling over onto my back and showing the naughty bits without a fight... Before I had all the tour crap on the V2K I used to scare the odd Ninja rider too. Older and wiser now, just pick on HD riders. Anyone that will pay $66 for a dew rag should see the rear end of a Vulcan lots of times

2004 VN2000
V&H Pipes
BAK, Mustang Seats, Scootworks Tour Trunk
HD Softail lowers, Memphis shield
Darkside Falken Zeix 205/65/16 rear, Bridgestone Excedra Max front
2008 900C as barhopper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode