My rebuild of the beast engine and the new look - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Akram

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

My rebuild of the beast engine and the new look

Bros, first i need to thank you all for the great support most of the brothers here supported me with during the engine fail, now after 3 months of work and replacing parts the beast engine is back as new and i gave my bike the Army look with matte olive green.
Need your expertise with the vibrations, i am still easy on the engine and I don't rev it at all, kinda easy on all gears till 1K miles as per the mechanic recommendation, but still i can feel a good deal of vibrations in the bars even under 40m/hr and even on kick stand when you rev it a bit the bars vibrate noticeably!, its back now to the workshop to check the issue, any ideas ? Do the engine mounts suffer after time ? Or the rubber balancers ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
darkkon and OPG like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-30-2017, 07:52 AM
Top Contributor

That looks great! For having such a distinctive headlight and big heavy front end, this bike lends itself to a stripped down look very well. Nice job.

What did you do with your front turn signals. I took my stock ones off to feature the headlight more, but I haven't found an application I'm happy with yet. Right now I've got some cheap bullet lights down where the fork reflectors used to be, but I'm always looking for a better way.

My biggest fear is when I die, my wife will sell all my guitars for what I told her I paid for them.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-30-2017, 12:10 PM

Looks good! Don't know what to say about the vibrations. My '06 only vibrates a little. Not nearly so much as a H-D.

Woody
KZ4AK, VN2K Classic
Web Site:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-30-2017, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Braske View Post
That looks great! For having such a distinctive headlight and big heavy front end, this bike lends itself to a stripped down look very well. Nice job.

What did you do with your front turn signals. I took my stock ones off to feature the headlight more, but I haven't found an application I'm happy with yet. Right now I've got some cheap bullet lights down where the fork reflectors used to be, but I'm always looking for a better way.

Thanks bro for the feedback, actually I removed the front signals for more stripped look, i ll install new ones right on the Handel bar, hope they ll look nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-26-2017, 07:35 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2004 Vulcan 2000
Displacement/CC's: 2053
Color: Reddish Browny Maroon
Where'd you get the front fender?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode