beating a dead horse ( head light rattle) - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By ramcharger
  • 1 Post By magss
  • 1 Post By ramcharger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-14-2016, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

beating a dead horse ( head light rattle)

i know this topics been covered pretty well. but i have had a long term problem with the head light rattle issue. ive rigged up a few things in the past that helps but dont solve and they dont last. ( wedge a folded piece of thin card board under the lamp, put black electrical tape around the rim before mounting the exterior ring)

what i would like to ask is if any one has any photos of their fixes. ive seen where people talk about putting foam or other insulation things in their head light but im never sure where they mean they put it. is in it the housing? is it around the ring? is it around the glass piece? ive never been able to find a photo to help guide where exactly to place these things safely to try and fix this rattle.

im 100% sure its the head light rattle ive chased down every other rattle but this one over the years.

this is on the 07 vn2000 classic LT. it dont have the monster nozzle that some models do.
Silencer69 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-14-2016, 05:01 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2007 Classic LT
Displacement/CC's: 2000
Color: Black/Red
I have the exact same bike and the same headlight vibration. I have packed inside the housing with foam and taped the ring where the two halves meet. It does quieten it down but it's still noticeable. It only happens at certain revs and is really annoying.

I'd also be interested to hear if anyone has found a permanent solution.
Silencer69 likes this.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 08:10 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2005 kawasaki Vulcan 2000 limited
Displacement/CC's: 2053
Color: Red/Black ("Black Cherry")
Garage
I'd love to hear any solutions for the Nacelle light as well...maddening rattle at low RPMs

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 08:17 AM Thread Starter

this link is some of the ideas passed but i was hoping to get a few photos of how people have placed things in the head light.

That darn headlight rattle
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 08:48 AM Thread Starter

so i kinda accidentally fixed it. for those who are looking for more info.

i wired in a new power adapter box for charging items and such but i had a lot of excess cord. so i thought id just stuff the extra in the back hole of the head light housing while i had the front of it off. i put the light back in and it was a bit snug to fit with all the extra wire in there but with that extra padding in the back of it stopped the rattle. i think this is because it puts pressure on it keeping it from being slightly loose? so it fits snugger.

but yeah thats my accidental fix. lol.
Silencer69 likes this.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-26-2016, 11:03 PM
Top Contributor

I got a cheap tube of silicon make sure headlight is clean no dirt or oil put on a heavy layer at the points shown you might want to put it on a little heavy making sure it wont interfear with bucket contact points let dry over night and install this worked for me

i also added picture of connector by pass at the ignition switch plug when this connector got burnt bike lost all electrical power, including instrument panel

good luck
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	headlight3.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	173329   Click image for larger version

Name:	headlight6.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	173337   Click image for larger version

Name:	headlight4.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	173345   Click image for larger version

Name:	headlight1.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	173353  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-27-2016, 12:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESERT ANGEL View Post
I got a cheap tube of silicon make sure headlight is clean no dirt or oil put on a heavy layer at the points shown you might want to put it on a little heavy making sure it wont interfear with bucket contact points let dry over night and install this worked for me

i also added picture of connector by pass at the ignition switch plug when this connector got burnt bike lost all electrical power, including instrument panel

good luck

thanks for the info man and the reply.

what caused burnt out on your plug? do you know and is that a common issue?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-27-2016, 01:19 PM
Top Contributor

i think the burnt connector is a bad design just too much of a load that wire feeds the whole bike power supply, and yes other members had the same issues including the classic models
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode