Ultimate Seat opinions wanted - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 11:19 PM Thread Starter

Ultimate Seat opinions wanted

I know we've talked about seats before. But this opportunity has presented itself quickly, I have a chance to buy an Ultimate Seat, Passenger seat and Ultimate driver backrest. All pieces have the studs and have about 2K miles of use. Condition is very-good to excellent.
What is a fair price for the set (all 3)?
Does this seat reposition rider, and if so where?
Fit n Finish and overall quality?
Any other issues/concerns?

I'm tall and big. As we all know, the VN2000 stock seat isn't the best for long periods
Thanks in advance for your knowledge.

08 VN2000 Vulcan Classic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-07-2012, 05:59 AM
V2K Rogue Wrangler

If you don't buy them let me know. I'd like a shot at them!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-07-2012, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqt1414 View Post
I know we've talked about seats before. But this opportunity has presented itself quickly, I have a chance to buy an Ultimate Seat, Passenger seat and Ultimate driver backrest. All pieces have the studs and have about 2K miles of use. Condition is very-good to excellent.
What is a fair price for the set (all 3)?
Does this seat reposition rider, and if so where?
Fit n Finish and overall quality?
Any other issues/concerns?

I'm tall and big. As we all know, the VN2000 stock seat isn't the best for long periods
Thanks in advance for your knowledge.
Absolutely the best seat on the market. I did a lot of research on seats before I dumped the $1000 into my Ultimate set up and I'd do it all over again and again. I didnt feel any repositioning from the stock seat. Quality is excellent. If you paying less than $700 for the whole setup I'd say your gettin a deal. Don't wait tho, you just don't see used Ultimates out there ever. We don't get rid of them.

08 V2K Classic
Ultimate Seats
Cobra Speedster Slashdowns
Techlusion Fuel Processor
Phatty Freeway Bars
Baron Big Air Intake
Rakaposhi Saddle Bags
Kuryakyn Pass. Floorboards
Kuryakyn Freeway Stirups
National Windshield with Chrome Lowers
Cobra Sissy Bar
And A 1978 Cessna 182 with Airplains Conversion
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-07-2012, 11:51 AM

Ultimate Seat the Best

I too purchased an Ultimate Seat set second hand, and it's the best. I got mine from a guy that had purchased a new bike, but had only had the seat set on about 2 months. He sold them to me at a killer price compared to the new price. I used to start squirming after about 30 - 45 min. , but now it seems like I can ride forever.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-07-2012, 12:18 PM
Megatron

I bought my Ultimate Seat last spring. It turned my already pretty comfy Kawasaki 1500 Classic into a Couch-asaki. I am more than happy with this seat. I can't really compare it to other aftermarket seats but I can say it is great. 5 or 6 hours cruising around is what I like to do and I can do it no problem with this new driver's seat and driver's backrest combo.
I now sit in the seat rather than on top of it. If it changed my seating location/position I can only say it was for the better. I don't think it did though. I'm of average height at 5'9".
I paid something like $550. for the set. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
I vote ...... JUMP ON IT!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-07-2012, 02:52 PM

Big and tall here too. Love my ultimate seat. Can't really talk about repositioning since original owner had tried to modify the original seat. Can't imagine it changes that much.

Fit and finish seem okay. Had a hard time getting my driver seat on. Called them up and we adjusted the front tab so it would move forward enough to get the bolts in the back. Rider seat doesn't pull completely tight with the plunger but doesn't rattle either when no one is on it.

-Mo
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 10:40 PM Thread Starter

got my Ultimate seats tonight!

I moved forward and purchased the Ultimate seat for my VN2000 Classic. The kit came with rider seat, passenger seat, riders backrest, all studded. and it also came with matching factory rain covers.

I'm looking forward to installing these bad boys and joining the local SCC club for an 8 hour ride all day Saturday the 11th. I'll report back with anything unexpected.

Thanks for all the good advice.!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010758.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	9034  

08 VN2000 Vulcan Classic
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 08:20 PM
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqt1414 View Post
I moved forward and purchased the Ultimate seat for my VN2000 Classic. The kit came with rider seat, passenger seat, riders backrest, all studded. and it also came with matching factory rain covers.

I'm looking forward to installing these bad boys and joining the local SCC club for an 8 hour ride all day Saturday the 11th. I'll report back with anything unexpected.

Thanks for all the good advice.!
Good Choice...

2008 V2K Classic LT.
Ride Long and Prosper
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode