Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Turn singnals with led bulbs?

10K views 58 replies 18 participants last post by  Eric_Owen 
#1 ·
So..the stock turn signals bulb are poop
heck i can hardly see them myself in day light..
anyone here have experienced with maybe a bright led lights?
I dont really want to order stuff just so it will go straight to the garbage bin

#2 ·
If you put LED lights in, you have to change the flasher relay. The stock relay won't handle the lower resistance load of LED lights and gives you a "super fast" flash. You can buy brighter LED bulbs, just make sure the base is correct and the length will fit in the housing.

#11 ·

Attachments

#21 · (Edited)
This is the relay I used: [ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RM26LXO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

Not only cheaper than the other one that was listed, but no adapter, plugs right into the factory wire harness without issue and even fits the stock mounting position. (Just a little differently) I had to take my tank most of the way off to get at it. I needed one because I used a fender eliminator kit that replaced the stock rear lights with LED ones, and I intend to replace the front signals with LED shortly. Not just because they're brighter, but it's almost assured I'll never have to replace them again after that.

Note: It says it doesn't fit the 2019 model, but I know for 100% fact that it DOES because I have a 2019 and it fit just fine

#22 ·
So i bought 4 bulbs from superbright led. The bulbs they said were the led equivalent, well I got em and they dont fit. What bulbs did you order from superbright gzsound? Not happy at all with superbright. According to their webcite the led bulb is suppose to be shorter than the standard incandescent bulb

Attachments

#24 ·
Yeah I'm really pissed at SuperBrightLED... First one package didn't arrive, so they sent another but I had to pay shipping again, then they sent the wrong thing, I had to pay shipping again, they act like it's my fault, then like you I ordered front bulbs for my blinkers advertised on their site specifically for my bike as "Oversized: No" but like in your picture they clearly are and don't fit, they act like I'm trying to get away with free product, and then just completely stopped replying to my emails, so I just won't do business with them again

#23 ·
Christmas at my house... things starting to arrive from big A (Amazon).

I know this has to be sorted out by all by now, but I got these... AMAZENAR 2-Pack 1056 BAU15S 7507 12496 and they fit perfectly and are super duper bright. Anyone looking at LED turn bulbs, make sure they are BAU base.

And the flasher... [ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073J82PNF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

Just installed the bulbs, and what do you know.... hyper flash, doh! Next to swap out the flasher.

Arrived also, is the swing arm spool / slider... checked the thread and all is good. Can't install right now because my blue loctite is poop. Got to get more... excellent reason for a ride. https://www.ebay.com/itm/390631771204.. SV Racing the seller, sent two emails, wanting to thank me. Included a business card in the package. I like these folks!

Clint

Reactions: HighwayNine
#45 ·
Christmas at my house... things starting to arrive from big A (Amazon).

I know this has to be sorted out by all by now, but I got these... AMAZENAR 2-Pack 1056 BAU15S 7507 12496 and they fit perfectly and are super duper bright. Anyone looking at LED turn bulbs, make sure they are BAU base.

And the flasher... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073J82PNF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just installed the bulbs, and what do you know.... hyper flash, doh! Next to swap out the flasher.

Arrived also, is the swing arm spool / slider... checked the thread and all is good. Can't install right now because my blue loctite is poop. Got to get more... excellent reason for a ride. https://www.ebay.com/itm/390631771204.. SV Racing the seller, sent two emails, wanting to thank me. Included a business card in the package. I like these folks!

Clint
hey there.. the amazon link to these Bulbs doesn't work.. Can you kindly relink to the exact ones you purchased??Thanks a bunch!

#29 ·
Hi guys...

I just ordered this from Amazon: search for item # B07BHPD8RY - LED 1056 w/BAU15S mounting base, but with integrated resistors, so nothing else to install. They're set to arrive in a couple days, likely will do install along with LED headlight bulb I've already rec'd, next weekend, will post results in separate thread.

#48 ·
UPDATE: The dream was too good to be true. These bulbs arrived, and while they plugged in and worked perfectly with no hyper flash, they are too long! :crying2:

Cannot fit the lens cap back on after, so back they go to Amazonland, I've ordered another set of led bulbs that should fit, and an LED flasher relay to correct the flash.

#30 ·
#31 · (Edited)
Hey all -

I'm planning on replacing my turn signal bulbls with the Amazear LED's that are discussed in this thread. I found an electronic flasher with adjustable flash rate on Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D33JGLC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=A2IA3YNSJJETIB&psc=1. Does anyone have any experience with this unit? Anyone know if it just fits in place of the OEM unit?

Thanks - Randy
That won’t fit your bike. They relay plug end is different. If you want to use this type, you’ll need a wiring harness like this:
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Competition-Werkes-Flasher-Universal-Applications/dp/B009WDK7MM/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=competition+werkes+led+relay&qid=1569178746&s=gateway&sr=8-1[/ame]

This relay shown comes with the plug wiring harness.

#34 ·
3W-lonerider

the KVS lenses are clear and the incandescent bulbs are yellow/amber. I had assumed I would replace the bulbs with yellow/amber LED's. Does that make sense? Thanks - Randy

#38 ·
if your lenses are clear then yes go with the color bulbs, reason i mentioned it was because when i was switching to all led's in my trunk and signals, i ordered all white led's, well they were very dim and after the fact i read somewhere that the white led bulb is washed out by the colored lens. i ordered colored bulbs afterwards and the light was greatly improved. but i think your also going to have to go with led lights that all the bulbs are facing out, i think that will give you the most light. but i have been known to be wrong from time to time, at least thats what my wife tells me.:smile2:

#35 ·
I've now spent quite a bit of time on Amazon looking at flasher relays (21 pages). Some have adjustable flash rate. Some have beep sound. But as far as I can tell none has both. Does anyone know of any that have both of th4se features? I like the idea of a reminder to cancel the turn signals. Thanks - Randy

#36 · (Edited)
I used the beeping relay and it works, just like in your car. I found it helpful. I have not seen them with flash rate and sound however. In my experience on the KVS, you don't need to adjust your flash rate with those AMAZENAR bulbs, the rate is just fine and matched the OEM rate. Yes, get the Amber bulbs for the KVS. As for the relay harness, I could not find one sold separate and made one of my own, but I won't get into that, because you need connectors and tools which I already had on hand. To buy all of that, it would be cheaper to buy the relay/harness combo.

#37 ·
VulcanHead -

Yeah, I like the idea of the beeping flasher, I'll go for that in lieu of adjustable flash rate. I could probably built an interface cable with connectors as I have lots of stuff from my 2-way radio hobby, but feeling lazy today, I guess I'll just get the relay harness combo unit if only for the cable. Then I'll use it with a beeping relay probably this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Yeeco-Motorcycle-Flasher-Signal-Indicator/dp/B07K5C38WN/ref=sr_1_16?keywords=LED+Flasher+2+pin+sound&qid=1569222808&sr=8-16

Ha! - Randy

#40 ·
3W-lonerider

Well we shall see how the combination of colored LED's and clear lenses works out. At 600 Lumens they should be REALLY BRIGHT. Errrr is your wife talking to mine? Mine says the same thing about me being wrong . . . - Randy

#43 ·
VulcanHead and ProxyJ -

I ordered the LED's from Amazon too, so now we'll have 2 reports. I knew we had talked about this before VulcanHead!!! - Randy

#44 ·
Unlike those d-bags at superbrightLEDs, the ones I got from Amazon actually FIT my bike! They are still a little over-sized, but not nearly to the extent that the others were and I can still get the lens covers on just fine, lumens are a bit brighter, but not by a whole lot. But hey, I'll never have to replace them. Picture for comparison LED on left, OE bulb on right.

These are the ones I picked up: [ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072XH5GND/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

Attachments

#47 ·
Little late getting into this conversation but I have a question about a different LED blinker. I will be putting some smoked blinker covers on my bike and seen these LED blinkers and thought they may be a nice addition. Has anyone tried these and if so how do they work. I know it says they are for Harley's but I think they will fit in the housing for my bike....Thoughts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.