3Likes
  • 1 Post By B3Hulk
  • 1 Post By B3Hulk
  • 1 Post By bearslayer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 05:38 AM Thread Starter

Garage
New Tyres - Angel GT

My stock tyres were due for a change. I have done 19 xxxkms and it was definitely time for a change.

I have read almost every forum and every review to find what tyres suit me best.

I ride pretty hard , no matter the weather, aggressive lean angles , 2 up from time to time and I take long rides (6-7 hrs). I basically needed an all in one tyre.

I ended up getting the Angel GT

These tyres... amazing choice!

I never had anything to compare the stock tyres to as I have never ridden before. Comparing the stock to these? The stocks are rubbish compared to them.

They so grippy , I was so surprised. They feel like you are taking a turn and someone is just pulling you into the apex.

Highly recommend these tyres, I really do. They are classified under the sport touring tyres and I can see why. They are meant to last longer than the stocks and provide a lot more grip.

They look super aggressive and they are great in the wet.

Yes I finally got my new license plate
KeepRidin likes this.

Check out my build :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
OR
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
OR

Last edited by B3Hulk; 04-18-2019 at 05:57 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 05:46 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Here is the bad news.

1 week after the new tyres and having fun , I got a screw...

It was an easy fix though

Tyre is not leaking and bike is running perfectly.

I ride a lot , every single day.

Always , Always , Always, Have a First Aid kit and a Tyre Repair Kit.

Tyre Repair kit: Repair Kit

First Aid Kit: First Aid Kit

Check out my build :
OR
OR

Last edited by B3Hulk; 04-18-2019 at 05:55 AM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 08:06 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2016 Kawasaki Vulcan S Cafe 2018 Kawasaki Z900RS
Garage
I put Angel GT's on my KVS as well and love them...great tire.

Sadly I too took a screw in the rear tire about a week after putting them on. I had a mushroom plug kit but it was beyond useless...won't rehash the details on the kit but it completely failed me. Fortunately a fellow rider lived across the road from where I was stopped and came out with a rope patch kit and a compressor filled with air. He saved the day and I got home safely.

Ordered a new tire that night as I too enjoy some aggressive riding and was not about to hammer the twisties on a damaged tire.

I've since switched to a simple rope repair kit and, knock on wood, no more flats.

Good luck...hopefully you don't get screwed again.

Living the dream!!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 11:04 AM

Year/Make/Model: 17 Kawasaki Vulcan S
Displacement/CC's: 650
Color: Green / white
Those look like awesome tires! For sure going on my KVS when mine finally wear out. I have heard the stock Dunlops aren't too great.

Question for OP: I see you said you ride for 6+ hours at a time.. do you have the stock seat? How do you manage to do this without killing your back? My back starts hurting after a hour or so of riding. Thinking about getting a Corbin but $$$$
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHead View Post
I put Angel GT's on my KVS as well and love them...great tire.

Sadly I too took a screw in the rear tire about a week after putting them on. I had a mushroom plug kit but it was beyond useless...won't rehash the details on the kit but it completely failed me. Fortunately a fellow rider lived across the road from where I was stopped and came out with a rope patch kit and a compressor filled with air. He saved the day and I got home safely.

Ordered a new tire that night as I too enjoy some aggressive riding and was not about to hammer the twisties on a damaged tire.

I've since switched to a simple rope repair kit and, knock on wood, no more flats.

Good luck...hopefully you don't get screwed again.
Having a flat is the worst! Having a proper kit will always save your ass.

I have noticed the biker community are extremely helpful. Top props for that biker helping you out

Check out my build :
OR
OR
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattty View Post
Those look like awesome tires! For sure going on my KVS when mine finally wear out. I have heard the stock Dunlops aren't too great.

Question for OP: I see you said you ride for 6+ hours at a time.. do you have the stock seat? How do you manage to do this without killing your back? My back starts hurting after a hour or so of riding. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/smilies/frown.gif[/IMG] Thinking about getting a Corbin but $$$$

Regarding the seat ,I do have the stock seat and yes it can get annoying but I don't see the fuss with it . It maybe because I have everything set up to my height (6ft 1) or the fact I ride with proper riding Jean's.

The Jean's I wear have kevlar throughout and there is a lot of padding where my butt goes.

Draggin Jeans Men's Revz Jeans

I recommend these. I would recommend buying something that could save your skin and some comfort than purely a seat
KeepRidin likes this.

Check out my build :
OR
OR
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 03:54 PM
Lifetime Premium

Year/Make/Model: 2004 Nomad , 1985 BMW K100 X2 , 1985 Intruder, 1998 Ducati Monster, 1972 CL350, 1948 Indian CZ125, 2
Displacement/CC's: 125 -1500
Color: Blue & Silver , Black , Gray , Maroon,black,
Garage
You can get mean City cycle to rework your stock seat. you should have less than two hundred bucks in it and it's amazing difference
B3Hulk likes this.

That which does not kill me tends to really piss me off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode