LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 108 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 09:26 AM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2016 Kawasaki Vulcan S Cafe ABS
Displacement/CC's: 650
Color: Matte Gray/Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnurse View Post
Get the color you want, or there will always be that what if factor. After all itís only $2,000 over 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL, Good point. Actually, if I buy the 2018 Two Tone in Illinois it's only 700 Dollars more over 5 years But riding it home 250 miles or actually 295 miles if I avoid highways in 20 degree temperatures doesn't sound like a lot of fun. I guess I could have it shipped or get a hitch for my Car and rent a trailer from U-Haul. We shall see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 108 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

Year/Make/Model: 2016 Kawasaki Vulcan S Cafe 2018 Kawasaki Z900RS
Garage
I like that as well. Either drop the $ on the color you really want or get the black and go the custom paint route but I too would caution against getting a color you don't like just to save the $. I have a friend who would say the opposite, "A motorcycle is a machine...get it based on how it performs relative to how you want to ride...who cares what it looks like?!?!" But I think you're in the same boat with me, I care about performance but I want the bike to stir my soul not only when I ride it but when it's parked in the sun on a clear summer day. That root beer bike will be AWESOME on that bright sunny day!! As would the right custom paint job.

These guys have a Scenic Pictures thread in the main chat room and there's a thread that should still be on the first page about a Custom Paint job...also a cool custom paint job of a Shoei GT Air to match the root beer paint scheme of the bike. https://www.z900rs.co.uk/

Good luck...looking forward to hearing your final decision and your successful shopping trip.

Living the dream!!
post #13 of 108 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyTom View Post
LOL, Good point. Actually, if I buy the 2018 Two Tone in Illinois it's only 700 Dollars more over 5 years But riding it home 250 miles or actually 295 miles if I avoid highways in 20 degree temperatures doesn't sound like a lot of fun. I guess I could have it shipped or get a hitch for my Car and rent a trailer from U-Haul. We shall see.
Not sure what the hope of a reasonable weather day is for you in the coming weeks but in my deal I negotiated a few extras, one of which was free storage until the weather and road conditions would be good enough to ride it home. Right now it looks like this Saturday will be ok but the deal was struck before any of us had looked at the forecast and beyond Saturday the weather looks bad so if not this Saturday then who knows when it will happen.

I also negotiated the install of my wiring harness for my heated jacket & gloves so I don't freeze getting home as well as routing a power cable from the under seat 12v power port to the handle bars so I can mount my cell phone and have power. Both to be done by the dealer at time of pickup. I've purchased cables from BatteryTender for the cigarette lighter power supply, a 6ft extension cable and a their USB port, all with standard SAE connectors. Gives me a more sturdy cable than trying to run a long phone charging cable...should be more durable and deliver more usable power to the phone than a long USB cable would.

Living the dream!!

post #14 of 108 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 11:37 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2018 Kawasaki Vulcan S ABS Cafe
Displacement/CC's: 649
Color: Pearl Storm Gray
Garage
Beautiful bike. I'd get one of these as well but I can't flat foot it and yeah I know it's not a big deal but I just don't enjoy riding bikes I can't confidently walk around with both feet comfortable on the ground...

That's actually what stopped me from getting an XSR (and this Z900RS beats the XSR in my book.)

And what's that, IndyTom actually getting serious about buying another bike! Enjoy the couch, brother!
IndyTom likes this.

2 Wheels - 2018 Kawasaki Vulcan S ABS Cafe / 2019 Kawasaki Ninja 400 ABS
4 Wheels - 2013 Subaru BRZ Supercharged
4 Wheeler - 1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ
post #15 of 108 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 12:01 PM
Top Contributor

Hey Foobar, they do make a Lower Seat for the Z900RS. Not sure if that would be enough but it does lower the seat height by 35mm or roughly 1.4 inches.
Foobar likes this.
post #16 of 108 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I've read that the reduced reach seat is as hard as a rock though so might be better getting the standard seat and having them take some stuffing out. Food for thought.

I can't quite flat foot but I get pretty close. I'll see how I feel about it and decide if a mod is in order.

Either that or surgery to lengthen my legs...difficult decision.
Foobar likes this.

Living the dream!!
post #17 of 108 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 02:56 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2018 Kawasaki Vulcan S ABS Cafe
Displacement/CC's: 649
Color: Pearl Storm Gray
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyTom View Post
Hey Foobar, they do make a Lower Seat for the Z900RS. Not sure if that would be enough but it does lower the seat height by 35mm or roughly 1.4 inches.
I've heard the same complaint that ChrisHead referenced - the low seat option makes it an uncomfortable ride. I looked it up on Kawi's site, and if this is the reduced reach seat, it's $400 and only reduces by 25mm. I wonder if there are two optional seats and the 25mm might be more comfortable... Gah what am I saying, I already have too many bikes I'm caring for lol.
IndyTom likes this.

2 Wheels - 2018 Kawasaki Vulcan S ABS Cafe / 2019 Kawasaki Ninja 400 ABS
4 Wheels - 2013 Subaru BRZ Supercharged
4 Wheeler - 1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ
post #18 of 108 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 03:12 PM
Top Contributor

There is also the CAFE RS seat which is 20mm higher than the standard RS seat. That's why the CAFE version has a 20mm higher seat height. And yes the seats can be switched without issue. I actually like the Cafe style Seat better. I also like the fairing on the CAFE. I just hate that dull Green paint Scheme. If they just had the Grey or the Blue like the rest of the world gets. But I guess we aren't that lucky here in the US.

Did some more searching and found a 2018 Black in Florida for $7988 and a Two Tone RS in Ohio for 9600 and change. Also the Dealerships here reduced the price of the 2019 two tone as well as the 2019 CAFE to 10,499. I can take my pick. (RS MSRP is 11,199 and the Cafe MSRP 11,699) Plus I have my 500 Dollar Kawi Kash. So it would make the price before taxes and fees 9,999 That is already a tempting proposition. I am planning to put 3k down and finance the rest for their advertised 3.95%. That should make the payment less than 150 bucks.

Last edited by IndyTom; 02-19-2019 at 03:17 PM.
post #19 of 108 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 10:12 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S
Color: White
Congrats, guys! Keep us posted.
post #20 of 108 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Snowed yesterday so pickup is in jeopardy...noooooooo.

May be just as well though as Amazon has screwed up the shipment of the power cable for my phone and I'd really rather have the dealer install it than have to do it myself so maybe a blessing in disguise. Hopefully it gets here in time and the snow is melting fast as it's almost 50 degrees today.

Only time will tell but I'm like a kid at Christmas and am not handling the waiting game well at all...lol

Living the dream!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode