Holy Sheep...the Stars Aligned - Page 10 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
 52Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 108 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

Year/Make/Model: 2016 Kawasaki Vulcan S Cafe 2018 Kawasaki Z900RS
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyTom View Post
I got it on using shoestrings from my Harley boots and a long Phillips head screwdriver. Penny method didn't work since it was a Coil within a Coil (side by side Coil Spring) and it is next to impossible to put in dimes or Penny's in between the duel coils.
MacGuyver strikes again...well done sir!
IndyTom likes this.

Living the dream!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 108 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 02:52 PM

Year/Make/Model: 1996 Vulcan EN500 LTD 1981 Yamaha XS1100 Midnight Special
Displacement/CC's: 500 1100
Color: black Black with gold accents
Chris,

Ran across this on Craigslist today. There is an original Kawasaki 900 in Rootbeer brown with orange stripes. Old style your'e looking for. I've been in the dealers looking too, the Brown one is very nice but the retro look of the Lime Cafe really grabs me.

https://www.proxibid.com/O-Brien-Auc...=2&sort=0#cnTb
post #93 of 108 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 06:54 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbldr View Post
Chris,

Ran across this on Craigslist today. There is an original Kawasaki 900 in Rootbeer brown with orange stripes. Old style your'e looking for. I've been in the dealers looking too, the Brown one is very nice but the retro look of the Lime Cafe really grabs me.

https://www.proxibid.com/O-Brien-Auc...=2&sort=0#cnTb
Very cool...feel free to send me your credit card #, I promise not to share it

Living the dream!!

post #94 of 108 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 09:31 PM

Year/Make/Model: Sold 16 Vulcan S ABS Cafe (replaced by Z900)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanHead View Post
Well the stars aligned again! Somewhat. My local dealer finally got a couple of 2019 Z900 ABSís in stock, but not a ďPearl Flat Stardust White/ Metallic Spark BlackĒ coloured one. So they said they could have one brought in from another dealer, in a week. So I put a small deposit on it, to make sure it was happening. So I should have it by the end of March.
Iím going to wait until April to list the KVS for sale.
I think Iím all done here on this forum and I think weíve just about covered most things since the first model year of 2015. (Iím seeing a lot of recurrence of past thread inquiries). So Iím signing off. Iím going to probably head over to the Z900 World Forum, when I get my machine. My first few mods will be; rad guard, rear tail relocation bracket and (maybe) BoosterPlug. Iím going to see how it rides first.
Thanks to all on the KVS650 forums! Have a great and safe summer!!!!
No need for a Booster plug, Z900 runs a bit rich from the factory (so throttle response is very smooth). Fender eliminator is a must, really cleans up the back of the bike. Also word of caution, the stock Dunlop tires it comes with are crap for spirited riding, they slip at the slightest hint of moisture. So once you get past the break-in period and want to crank it up and enjoy all those horses may want to put some better shoes on her (or be prepared for some pucker moments!).
post #95 of 108 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 06:21 AM
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanHead View Post
Well the stars aligned again! Somewhat. My local dealer finally got a couple of 2019 Z900 ABS’s in stock, but not a “Pearl Flat Stardust White/ Metallic Spark Black” coloured one. So they said they could have one brought in from another dealer, in a week. So I put a small deposit on it, to make sure it was happening. So I should have it by the end of March.
I’m going to wait until April to list the KVS for sale.
I think I’m all done here on this forum and I think we’ve just about covered most things since the first model year of 2015. (I’m seeing a lot of recurrence of past thread inquiries). So I’m signing off. I’m going to probably head over to the Z900 World Forum, when I get my machine. My first few mods will be; rad guard, rear tail relocation bracket and (maybe) BoosterPlug. I’m going to see how it rides first.
Thanks to all on the KVS650 forums! Have a great and safe summer!!!!
No need for a Booster plug, Z900 runs a bit rich from the factory (so throttle response is very smooth). Fender eliminator is a must, really cleans up the back of the bike. Also word of caution, the stock Dunlop tires it comes with are crap for spirited riding, they slip at the slightest hint of moisture. So once you get past the break-in period and want to crank it up and enjoy all those horses may want to put some better shoes on her (or be prepared for some pucker moments!). [IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/VulcanForums_2015/smilies/tango_face_smile.png[/IMG]
Thanks for the tips! I won’t bother with the booster plug. I also forgot this bike has the.Slipper/Assist clutch. That engine is buttery smooth! Power is wicked when you bring it on!
Synycalwon likes this.
post #96 of 108 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Akrapovic slip-on is scheduled to arrive on Monday for my RS. If I can get a decent price on Craigslist or Ebay I'll unload it though as the bike already sounds and performs great. And frankly I like the look of the stainless stock exhaust better anyway.

It's will be nice to get the $ back which will please the wife.

Happy wife = happy life ... words of wisdom to live by!!

Living the dream!!
post #97 of 108 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 12:33 PM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2016 Kawasaki Vulcan S Cafe ABS
Displacement/CC's: 650
Color: Matte Gray/Green
Cool, that means mine is probably about 2 weeks behind yours. I may still give it a try just to see if there is a difference in sound. After that I will probably do the same and put it on the forums where people can eat it up.
post #98 of 108 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Got out on my first extended ride today...4+ hours on Easter Sunday. It was a grey day but all in all the weather was fine, the roads were near empty and we didn't see a single officer of the law the entire ride.

Considering it was over 4 hours with only a gas & bathroom break along the way the body and butt held up pretty well. Best of all I topped 1k miles near the end of the ride completing the break-in period and allowing me to unleash the beast a few times. The power is smooth and just keeps coming. I was going ~90 before I could blink. I'm already looking forward to the next ride and hitting as many empty roads as I can find.

And at the same time my son is loving the hand-me-down KVS. It's quite an upgrade from his 2011 Honda Rebel starter bike!

Living the dream!!
post #99 of 108 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 09:45 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2018 Kawasaki Vulcan S ABS Cafe
Displacement/CC's: 649
Color: Pearl Storm Gray
Garage
Hey guys for those of you who traded one for the other - just curious, how'd your insurance change from the Vulcan S to the Z900?

2 Wheels - 2018 Kawasaki Vulcan S ABS Cafe / 2019 Kawasaki Ninja 400 ABS
4 Wheels - Tesla Model 3 Performance
4 Wheeler - 1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ
post #100 of 108 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 09:56 AM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2016 Kawasaki Vulcan S Cafe ABS
Displacement/CC's: 650
Color: Matte Gray/Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foobar View Post
Hey guys for those of you who traded one for the other - just curious, how'd your insurance change from the Vulcan S to the Z900?
I think that depends where you live and your driving record etc. My rate actually went down by 1 dollar a month. Don't ask me why. Full coverage with $250 dollar deductible for $26 dollars a month. I know that others pay up to 800 a year for full coverage. Mine is 312 a year.
Foobar likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode