My 7 favorite things about the Kawasaki Vulcan S - Page 4 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
 32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 10:51 AM
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Peddler View Post
One problem. He's never going to sell it. Not ever gonna happen.

Nope. Too deep into it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

Year/Make/Model: 2015 Vulcan S 650 ABS
Displacement/CC's: 649
Color: Matte Black
Although I do get wood every time he brings up the subject.
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 08:24 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2017 900 Classic LT
Displacement/CC's: 903
Color: Black/Grey
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanHead View Post
Yes, it’s a great bike and not super small either. It’s mainly a city bike. Works great in that scenario. Best dollar spent for what you get. I wouldn’t spend “thousands of dollars” on it however, trying to turn it into a tourer. Makes no sense. There’s lots out there to buy on the market and if you can afford a KVS and thousands to spend on it, then a person can get the appropriate bike within that price.
Some people will load these bikes up with expensive gear, then realize they really needed something else and sell it for a fraction of all the money they spent on it. That’s why you see people on this forum grabbing a used, loaded KVS at a great low price! Excellent for those people!
I had an S and had the idea of turning it in to a touring bike. Went to the dealer to begin by buying bags. Laid eyes on the 900 Classic LT. Manageable like the S but more comfortable, bigger engine and built for longer rides. Picked a new one up for $1500 more than I paid for the S and came with everything I would have put on the S probably for a lot less and got more bike. Recommend going this route. Sold the S same day for about the same I paid for it 2 months and 565 miles earlier. DO THIS. Don't try to outfit the S to something it is not.

post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 11:18 PM
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3jcrew View Post
I had an S and had the idea of turning it in to a touring bike. Went to the dealer to begin by buying bags. Laid eyes on the 900 Classic LT. Manageable like the S but more comfortable, bigger engine and built for longer rides. Picked a new one up for $1500 more than I paid for the S and came with everything I would have put on the S probably for a lot less and got more bike. Recommend going this route. Sold the S same day for about the same I paid for it 2 months and 565 miles earlier. DO THIS. Don't try to outfit the S to something it is not.
I know, that 900 is so sweet! I tried to get a decent deal on one before I negotiated the KVS. I don’t need a highway cruiser, but I sure loved that 900 Custom, with the black pipes and all. I use my KVS for city and some rural cruising/riding. I don’t need or want bags on it and definately don’t want it set up for a passenger. I’ve got an 800 Classic already set up for that, if need be. If somebody is looking for a bike for highway cruising and/or a passenger, at least get the 900. If your buying new it’s worth the money your gonna spend on the KVS to try and turn it into one. I can’t see how it would be comfortable at all. My 800 is way more cushy and comfortable, where as the KVS has a more sportbike, short ride comfort. More stiff and ridgid.
IndyTom likes this.

Last edited by VulcanHead; 01-24-2019 at 11:29 PM.
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 06:53 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2016 Vulcan S ABS
Displacement/CC's: 650
Color: Urban City White
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buskman View Post
Rode a Suzuki Savage/Boulevard S40/ "Thumper" for a few years...single cylinder..652cc's.

Used to LOVE riding that little bike...
I had a Savage also, named Special Ed, and I also loved that bike! Then I had an 1100 Yamaha VSTAR Silverado named Beast. The name was very apt. Downsized to the Vulcan S and very happy, for all the reasons @Jet Peddler states in his opening post/video.

@Jet Peddler - nice video!

Gerry

Peace ~ Love
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ride ~ Then Ride Some More

'16 Kawasaki Vulcan S 650 with ABS - "ED-2ND" - Special in a new way.
'05 Yamaha 1100 V* Silverado "Beast, Big Ass Bike" - The name said it all.
'02 Suzuki 650 Savage - "Special Ed' - A wonderful memory.
~ Gerry ~
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

Year/Make/Model: 2015 Vulcan S 650 ABS
Displacement/CC's: 649
Color: Matte Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by chench53 View Post
I had a Savage also, named Special Ed, and I also loved that bike! Then I had an 1100 Yamaha VSTAR Silverado named Beast. The name was very apt. Downsized to the Vulcan S and very happy, for all the reasons @Jet Peddler states in his opening post/video.

@Jet Peddler - nice video!

Gerry

Thanks Gerry!
chench53 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode