Arrow Rebel exhaust now on the Vulcan S - video - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

Year/Make/Model: 2015 Vulcan S 650 ABS
Displacement/CC's: 649
Color: Matte Black
Arrow Rebel exhaust now on the Vulcan S - video

Got my new Arrow Rebel Exhaust system installed on the KVS yesterday. Sounds absolutely amazing. I've left the dB killer in for the time being.

IndyTom and SuperHappyFunTime like this.

Last edited by Jet Peddler; 01-13-2019 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 05:20 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2018 Kawasaki Vulcan S ABS Cafe
Displacement/CC's: 649
Color: Pearl Storm Gray
Garage
Definitely the best sounding aftermarket, IMHO. I’m very happy with mine.

2 Wheels - 2018 Kawasaki Vulcan S ABS Cafe / 2019 Kawasaki Ninja 400 ABS
4 Wheels - 2013 Subaru BRZ Supercharged
4 Wheeler - 1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 08:41 AM

Awesome!! Did you get to take it out yet? Wish they'd have sent their badging loose and let the customer decide if they want to put it on. Feel like it takes away from the look somewhat....

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 10:44 AM
Top Contributor

To each his own, but none of those aftermarket exhausts look or sound any good to me. I hate that bappity-bappity, spitting & cracking sound. Just annoying and tiring. What’s with all the hideous header pipe welds and all the rivets? I thought this was the most expensive exhaust?
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 10:52 AM

Year/Make/Model: 17 Vulcan S
Displacement/CC's: 650
Color: Red/Black
I like it - congrats

Just left a comment on your video 🙂
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 05:40 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S
Color: White
Sounds great! Excellent video as well, nicely done. Love the Kawi shirt.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 06:38 AM
Lifetime Premium

Year/Make/Model: 2004 Nomad , 1985 BMW K100 X2 , 1985 Intruder, 1998 Ducati Monster, 1972 CL350, 1948 Indian CZ125, 2
Displacement/CC's: 125 -1500
Color: Blue & Silver , Black , Gray , Maroon,black,
Garage
Cool uh huh

Really love the headers , they probably nudge up the ponies a little. Personally I like the badge. Really liked the way that they used a circlip to hold in the baffle, much simpler than on my Danmoto.. I do like the sound , Probably the only flaw with it is the $$$$$,
No sounds really goood, Great idea to film a professional mechanic doing the install,
What radiator guard do you have on the scooter looks like an Evotech,
anyway it is a nice civilized exhaust. nice job . Ride Safe

That which does not kill me tends to really piss me off.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 08:06 AM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2016 Kawasaki Vulcan S Cafe ABS
Color: Matte Gray/Green
While it is true that all exhausts on this Parallel twin won't sound anything like a rumble on a Harley this Arrow Rebel is hands down the best looking and as far as the Vulcan S goes the best sounding aftermarket exhaust. In the scheme of things it really isn't even that expensive. Just under 700 dollars delivered via Fed Ex from Europe. That isn't all that bad. The Two Brothers is just as expensive and I think it is one of the worst exhausts in sound and looks only second to the Danmoto (Sorry Bearman ) This isn't the most expensive exhaust out there for the S. There is a German system called the Matador Miller which is about twice as much and it does sound very nice but I don't care for the looks. Just checked the price on the Matador II exhaust for the Vulcan S. Shipped to the US it's 931 Euro or roughly 1065 USD About 370 Dollars higher than the Arrow Rebel. One reason this exhaust is quieter than the Arrow Rebel or others is because the Matador II does include a Catalytic Converter and complies with all European Norm 3 regulations and is Swiss Tested and approved.

Anyway, I do like the Arrow Rebel a lot and if I don't sell my bike I may actually swap over from the Delkevic to the Arrow Rebel in the spring.

Last edited by IndyTom; 01-05-2019 at 08:31 AM.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 11:25 AM
Top Contributor

I thought the arrow was the most expensive, my bad. I can’t stand the look of any of those aftermarket pipes, but the Delkevic slash cut is not too bad. As for sound, no, just no. If anyone’s looking for a V-twin Sound, then go buy a V-twin. I’ve got one and the Vulcan S will never sound like that, not even close.
Kawasaki actually did a decent job of changing the exhaust sound on the 650 twin for the KVS from what it sounds like on the Ninja. The KVS has a fuller sound and is deeper, not the high pitched whine like the Ninja has.
Doug B likes this.

Last edited by VulcanHead; 01-05-2019 at 11:35 AM.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 11:29 AM
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyTom View Post
While it is true that all exhausts on this Parallel twin won't sound anything like a rumble on a Harley this Arrow Rebel is hands down the best looking and as far as the Vulcan S goes the best sounding aftermarket exhaust. In the scheme of things it really isn't even that expensive. Just under 700 dollars delivered via Fed Ex from Europe. That isn't all that bad. The Two Brothers is just as expensive and I think it is one of the worst exhausts in sound and looks only second to the Danmoto (Sorry Bearman [IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/VulcanForums_2015/smilies/tango_face_grin.png[/IMG] ) This isn't the most expensive exhaust out there for the S. There is a German system called the Matador Miller which is about twice as much and it does sound very nice but I don't care for the looks. Just checked the price on the Matador II exhaust for the Vulcan S. Shipped to the US it's 931 Euro or roughly 1065 USD About 370 Dollars higher than the Arrow Rebel. One reason this exhaust is quieter than the Arrow Rebel or others is because the Matador II does include a Catalytic Converter and complies with all European Norm 3 regulations and is Swiss Tested and approved. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-Q5Mv-C4U8

Anyway, I do like the Arrow Rebel a lot and if I don't sell my bike I may actually swap over from the Delkevic to the Arrow Rebel in the spring. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/VulcanForums_2015/smilies/tango_face_wink.png[/IMG]
Wow! Now that’s an exhaust! That Matador Miller actually sounds good! A nice, lower sound. I didn’t know it exsisted. Looks awesome. The black slash cut is nice. And it will clear the rear spools. Too bad about the price? It would cost me about $1500 to buy, about 1/4 of the price I paid for the bike. Too bad Not happening. The best exhaust I’ve seen yet however.
B3Hulk likes this.

Last edited by VulcanHead; 01-05-2019 at 03:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode