Smart Brake Module is AMAZING - Page 5 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
 25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 08:33 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2016 Kawasaki Vulcan S Cafe 2018 Kawasaki Z900RS
Garage
Perhaps one day it will be standard...or at least an option you can add at time of purchase.

If only the one they shipped me worked but it was defective so I'm waiting now for a new one to arrive.
IndyTom likes this.

Living the dream!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 10:55 AM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2016 Kawasaki Vulcan S Cafe ABS
Displacement/CC's: 650
Color: Matte Gray/Green
Hope you get a working unit this time around. Did you have to send the broken one back to them? How is the RS working out? Mine is running like a raped ape. Putting on my 16T sprocket this weekend and comparing it to the 15T sprocket. Should make the first gear a bit more usable. Everyone have a Very Happy Easter!
post #43 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 11:28 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyTom View Post
Hope you get a working unit this time around. Did you have to send the broken one back to them? How is the RS working out? Mine is running like a raped ape. Putting on my 16T sprocket this weekend and comparing it to the 15T sprocket. Should make the first gear a bit more usable. Everyone have a Very Happy Easter!
They did not ask me to send the broken one back so it's still in my possession.

The RS is a joy to ride and I'm looking forward to your sprocket test results. As noted earlier I may well have the ECU flashed as you did but I'm not rushing.

FYI - I returned the reduced reach seat. It was ok but because they cut down the padding on the rider portion of the seat but not the passenger portion there's a greater differential between the two sections and I found it irritated by tailbone so I sent it back.

I'm over 800 miles and had I not gotten sick recently would likely be 1,000+ already.

I may do an Easter ride as it's going to start raining this afternoon and not stop until Saturday afternoon so my riding window this weekend is shaping up to be Sunday or not at all. And of course I need o get back in the gym and out on my bicycle now that the stomach bug is gone.
IndyTom likes this.

Living the dream!!

post #44 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 11:31 AM

Garage
The replacement unit finally arrived, I installed and then waited and waited for the weather to clear. Saturday I got out and confirmed the replacement unit works as advertised.

I am quite pleased with the Smart Brake Module and recommend it to anyone who wants their brake lights to come on or flash while engine braking.
jcbslb and IndyTom like this.

Living the dream!!
post #45 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 01:57 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2017 Kawasaki Vulcan S ABS
Displacement/CC's: 650
Color: Special Edition Black and cream
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHead View Post
The replacement unit finally arrived, I installed and then waited and waited for the weather to clear. Saturday I got out and confirmed the replacement unit works as advertised.

I am quite pleased with the Smart Brake Module and recommend it to anyone who wants their brake lights to come on or flash while engine braking.

Great to hear!

I have one on my Suzuki GSX as well and it is definitely noticeable. My wife rides behind me most of the times and every time she comments on how effective it is.

She has a Harley Street 500 and I ordered one for her now as well.

Ride safe and sunny side up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode